Chapter 14

May:

Friday came Joe and I got  ready for my uncle Pop seafood fest every year and I have plans not to miss this for the world and my uncle can cook too what girl doesn't like to eat I love food I'm surprised I not fat.

When we got to my uncle house. I show Joe around. He spoke to everyone,then join the men outside where they was cooking.

I stay in the house with the women because I knew better to just watch a man while they talked about men stuff.

Sometimes my family members can be nosey about everything by what families not.

They know I keep my business to myself so they don't ask me to much about my business cause they all ready know what up.

"May, baby came help mamma in the kitchen right quick." My mom said as we made our way to the kitchen. I noticed almost all the food way done and smell good to. She always cooking fit people in the community.

My mom is a hustler and always will be. She taught me to be independent but sometimes it's good to have some help once in a blue moom.

Mom handed me the onions to chop and other vegetables to cut as well. My mom and grandma always told me. A way to a man heart is a woman who know how to cook and respect.

Been real to Joe been on the top of my list always. As I was putting my wrist to motion, cutting up the veggies and putting them in the bowl, then start washing and seasoning my meat with all differences spices to favor the meat. After that I made sure that the oven was preheat at the right temperature before putting my meat in.

While helping my mom, Joe came in the kitchen and grabbed an apron and put it on him. He stayed helping us in the kitchen as well. My mom looked and smiled because that the first time that one of my boyfriend ever help my mom.

My grandma then came in the kitchen and look surprise, then she walked up to us and told us to meet her in her pray room, so she could pray over us. But, I know she was gonna read our palms to tell us were our future lives. Every time she do that, I know she telling nothing but the truth and some people get scared so the people in the community call her the voodoo lady. Because, she know what going to happen before it happens.

After, all that cooking we did. We went join the rest of the friends and family at the garther and just had fun. Some of them was playing cards, Domino's,the kids was swimming,playing  hidden seek, red light green light,duck-duck-goose you named it they played it. 

Everyone had a wonderful time and ate like crazy. Oh I forgot all the men had a cook off and of course my uncle won like always.

As time pass with fun and laughter. My grandma give a look for me and Joe to go to her pray room to talk. The only reason why she give me a look is because she don't like everyone to know her business too since people talk. Even tho they family. Not of them are family they stabbed you quicker then your friend sometime.

I tap Joe and told I need help with something so anyone want ask what we doing but it's not their damn business no way so I was not worry one bit.

As we follow my momo to her room.
The first thing we did was took off our shoes and then wash our hand. Walk to our assign sit on the floor like she told us. She told us what we need to do before we did anything.

Once, we was done, we bow out head and close our eyes and she begin pray our us and for own future marriage.

Then, she grabbed our hands and then smiled at us. She got up and dig in her draw and got some holy oil and rubber it on our head then pray some more.

While my momo was praying. I felt like this heavy energy been lifted off my shoulder. All the pain and feelings that I have with my old relationship we gone and as I was holding Joe's hands I felt this good connection with him.

I don't know what she doing but by what ever it's I'm loving every feeling that I use to have is gone with was good for me because i don't want to punish a good man for one man mistake.

Momo was done final. She give Joe a big hug and told him you better treat my May-May like the queen she is but I don't have to give you a speech because i know my baby girl in hands. Joe nod then kiss my momo on her cheek and told her that she a blessing from God herself. She smiled then dismissed him to be with the other guess that was outside.

She told me to stay so she can talk to me. I give Joe a kiss and told him I be out in a minute then I took my seat and he left to be with the rest of the family. I hope my people don't grill him with all those damn questions. But I knew better so I just let it be.

My momo came back it the room. She made sure Joe was out of sight to tell my what read.

"My baby, you found a good man these time," she said then she continued "May, it a good thing you found each other, but with a good thing you might pay a price. Not, all people want you 2 together. All your friends is not your friend. So watch out of signs in who you tell your business to and who let around because if not yall want less but if the love is real yall can accomplish anything.

Once my momo said that my heart start to heart fast. My momo looked at me and said its nothing to worry about he not going anywhere baby you good. I just want to let you know just watched out of the signs of hate baby.