Chap 1 ; Leaving

WARNING: I AM STILL EDITING THIS BOOK. BUT IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE READING, GO AHEAD, BUT READ AT YOUR OWN RISK BECAUSE THERE MAY BE A LOT OF ERRORS.

[Edited]

Chapter 1 - Leaving

"KAYLEN HURRY UP!" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"I'M COMING MOM. I JUST NEED TO GET THIS BOX AND BRING IT DOWNSTAIRS" I yelled back

I just graduated high school, and I'm moving in with my best friend for college.

"WELL HURRY UP SWEETIE. JAKE'S WAITING FOR YOU!" My mom yelled.

I sighed before bending down to pick up the last box that was left in my room and headed towards the door.

When I reached to the door, I turned back to look at my room.

"Oh how I will miss this place" I said to myself

I turned around and proceeded to walk down the stairs with the last box.

"I'm coming mom!" I yelled as I walked to the bottom of the stairs

Once I reached the bottom of the stairs, I look up and see Jake waiting at the front door with his hand in his pockets smiling at me.

'Oh my... His smile kills me' I said in my head

I put the box down on the last step of the stairs and ran into Jake's arms.

Jake picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. Putting my head down on the crook of his neck and smiling, while he was twirling me around.

A few seconds later he put me down and we smiled at eachother.

"So, are you ready?" Jake asks with a smile

"You bet! I'm more than ready" I answered and smiled back.

"Well let's go!" He exclaimed and chuckled lightly

Jake walks past by me and hugs my mom.

When they were done hugging, Jake walked to the last step of the stairs and picked up the last box I had left in my room.

When Jake picked up the box, he made his way towards his truck, while me and my mom followed behind him.

When Jake reached his truck, he put the box in the back of the truck. (It's not a pick up truck. It's those big trucks that carry things. You get what I mean right?)

I turned to face my mom, and then I embraced her into a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you so much mom" I said as I tightened the hug

"It's okay sweetie. We just live a few miles aways from eachother., I could visit you" She says while she stops hugging me and smiles at me

I sent her a small smile, then turned around to look at the house, and then back at my mom.

As I turned to look back at my mom, I could see my mom tearing up.

"Okay, you two should go now. Good luck" She says while she smiles. and a tear rolls down her cheek.

I grab both of her hands. "It's just a few miles mom" I said and smiled at her to comfort her.

My mom nodded and then embraced me into a tight hug one more time before placing a lingering kiss on my forehead.

When we released, I made my way towards the truck, and went into the passenger seat.

I look out the window and see Jake hugging my mom for a few seconds before releasing and walking to the truck as well.

He entered the driving seat and buckled his seatbelt.

He turned on the ignition and started driving slowly, giving me time to wave bye to my mom.

"Moving in with you is going to be perfect" Jake says while grabbing my hand and rubbing circles.

I smiled at him. "Yes. It will be very perfect" I said, not removing the smile I have on my face.