Football Stadium Writing

(This story didn't exactly have a prompt. We were given a short list of things we could write about, such as "Autumn", but it was a free-write time in which the teacher took us to the high school football stadium to just sit and write in the outdoors)

It's not my favorite season, I don't actually have a favorite season, but I love Autumn! Fall in New Jersey was especially beautiful. Trees everywhere, forests of ranging color surrounding everything. In my neighborhood, I'd do my best to gather a pile of leaves to jump into, but I could never get the pile big enough, which did make me kind of sad, but it couldn't compare to the fun of jumping. Autumn is the only season that sells pumpkin pie, which is an outrage because pumpkin pie is an utterly beautiful creation that deserves year-round adoration and respect! Though, I can put my rant aside to enjoy the rest of the season. The particular scent of Autumn always catches me when chilly air blows by. I can't say I loathe the cold, though, because it finally gives me an excuse to wear my beloved jackets and long sleeved shirts. I also enjoy looking out of the bus window at the cotton. Since my first year of living in this town, I had always thought the cotton looked like really dirty snow, and thus my little nickname, "Dirty Snow," was born. Honestly, there's no real point to my writing today. There's no meaning here to be analyzed and absorbed. I can't even say I'm writing for a grade! Taking out all the formalities, removing the visual "writer's voice" I adapt in the prompts, this is just a girl loving Autumn, a season caught between chaotic and scary to beautiful and calming all at the same miraculous time! As for right now, I just can't wait to carve pumpkins!

(I still completely adore pumpkin pie, and I only ever wore jackets and long sleeves because I always felt cold)