Chapter seven: nights at the chateau

I spent last night on the last flight to you

On Sunday he asked me if I was free. I dropped everything and texted back in one second. I knew the rules of texting your crush, of course.

Always reply back at least two hours later, and okay with two or more 'y's just screamed desperate. So me being the awkward girl who was craving his attention, sent a reply three seconds later.

Sureeee! :)

I cringed as my thumb hovered over the screen, wondering if I should send another.

But just as fast as I had send it, he answered back with a location and timing- an hour from now.

Fighting back a smile, I hailed a cab and jumped in. It didn't matter what I wore at that time, but now I realised how awful I must have looked- my makeup washed off, in a casual shirt and shorts- all that was on my mind was that you invited me.

And even if it was a murder, or a boring movie, I would have said yes in a heartbeat.

I met him just below the little hill where the Hollywood sign resided, and he had a camera slung around his neck. A blue shirt damp with sweat and a sexy smile on his face, and I knew why girls went crazy for him. I knew why I did.

We hiked up all the way to the white words, trampling on vegetation and innoncent ants. He didn't say a word, but the silence was comforting. If I opened my mouth, I would start asking, until it went to the topic of that girl. And if he started conversation, it would lead to me giving a dumb reply and awkward silence would ensue.

When we reached the top, he told me to give him my best smile. So I thought about Bughead.

"That's good. How about another one?"

This time I thought about us. Him and I. And I smiled again.

He inhaled sharply, as he looked through the lense.

"That's beautiful."

Would he still say that, if he knew I what I was thinking about? Maybe not.

We spent the whole weekend trying to get even.

A/n:

How frequent do you all want me to update? :)

I think for now, probably every Saturday

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it! <3

Okieee byeee!

(Can't wait for season 3 of Riverdale lmao october seems like a year away ;-;)

Really excited to say I have finished writing this story and it's just a matter of publishing the rest of the chapters now! ^_^