Chapter nine: they built you up

I've memorized every line on your fingertips

I had no clue when she had pulled up in front of the house, in her fast car. It seemed like we had been talking for hours, you joking and me laughing. Then she came back, and it felt like the happiness died and was replaced with this horribly loud silence.

I forced a smile on my face and stood up. Asked how she was. Found out her name- Niki. Before, she was just his girl. Now she seemed more real, someone that was capable of being loved by people. By Cole. Pleasantries and exchange of how are yous, but did she really care? The undertone of her words, spiked with menace. How are you getting on with my boyfriend?

Cole's eyes sparkled when he saw Niki, like she was expensive wine and I was cheap beer. But it was fine. Let him be with her.

Sometimes I wondered how it felt like to come home to him, having cheap food on the couch, watching old reruns of The Office and kissing him. Not for any episode of a series or for fun. For real.

I excused myself, stuffing a fortune cookie into my bag. Better luck for next time.

I should get going.

Niki offered a ride home, but I shook my head. I wanted to be alone.

Why couldn't I have him? How would it be like, to go to the same home together, to see him smile the first thing when I wake up and the last thing before I fell asleep.

But I'll never know.

I've fantasized 'bout what it's like to say "goodnight" to your kiss

A/n:

Things are slow right now but they'll start to pick up speed soon okie :)

Also I AM RUNNING OUT OF CHAPTER TITLES WHY ARE THERE SO FEW LYRICSSS I might start using the LA devotee lyrics if I get desperate lol. I need to STICK TO THE THEME!!! ;-;