Chapter twelve: drink of paradise

I set my expectations high so nothing ever comes out right

I never realised until the day we had to watch Niki and Cole kiss on set. Then it hit me how painful it was, a stab in my heart, the painful intoxicating feeling that made me wonder why I was there, just standing and watching while everyone squealed as they made out.

It's for the show, keep your head up and fight your tears, that was what Camila kept whispering to me. Then she stole toilet paper for me to wipe my makeup. But lies and pain can't just disappear with cheap tissue.

When they called for one more try, make it look perfect even though you two already have so much chemistry, just express it a bit more! That felt like the last straw.

I made a beeline to the exit, trying not to start a scene. Don't look at me, or my tears, or see how much I am hurting. It wasn't too much to ask, since nobody ever really noticed my pain anyway.

Camila dug out some daisies from the ground, dirt leaving marks under her nails.

He sees you like a daisy. But to him, Niki's the rose. She placed them in my hands, and I cradled them.

He'll hurt you like a thorn. Let him go, Lili.

I told her I would try. But then, who was keeping count of the broken promises I made?

Turn of the lights, turn on the charm for me tonight

A/n:

Hello! This book is almost ending soon ^_^

ANDDD THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM I AM RUNNING OUT OF LYRICS TO NAME THE CHAPTERS OH MAH GOSHHH >_<

I really enjoyed the song above, haha XD Panic at the Disco is my lullaby

Anyway I can't find any cute Sprousehart images now so I'll probably upload one later (I seriously need Riverdale season 3 stat if not I'm going to lose my mind)

Plus I'm so tired lol I woke up at 6 am today and it's the freaking weekend who is proud of me