Chapter eight: trapped in your sunset bungalow

But nobody knows you now

He drove me back to his house and offered to buy dinner. I almost denied. He had been so nice, the whole time. Too nice. Any more time with him and my heart would be ripped into shreds, because I couldn't have him.

Then I looked at his face, really looked. He was charming as fuck, and so sweet too. The word slipped from my tongue before I could stop myself.

Okay.

He smiled and clicked on his phone. Of course. Food delivery, available twenty-four seven, and will do any order from infatuation to heartbreak.

We had Chinese, and I told him the right way to use chopsticks. He gripped them too tightly- he did have imperfections, after all.

He refused to eat the meatballs, and I wondered if that was because his new girl was a vegan. Or so she claimed to be. But I didn't ask, why ruin a moment with a horrible thing we both didn't want to bring up?

I knew there was only one reason he asked me to hang out with him. Because she was busy, and I was the filler. The backup.

Just like how I was always made girl number seventeen and never the star. It was the same thing, over and over again. Would I ever have my moment? Would I ever have him?

Some people are meant to be, but they never get together. Maybe this was our story, my falling in love and your rejection.

When you're dying in LA

A/n:

Ayeee how are you guys? ^_^

Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed it <3

I realised I should be updating this more often lmao don't want it to drag out all the way until next year XD

Absolutely mortified this book was suppose to be for NaNoWriMo June and I'm still publishing in August.

Book status: 20 more chapters to goooo
Emotional status: Honestly idk lol I just went to eat ice cream and think about my thoughts what about you? :D

Anyway, byeee.