Chapter thirteen: put your blood on ice

You got two black eyes from loving too hard

Madelaine and Camila dragged me to the bar that night, hopeful that I would somehow get over Cole, as well as get some guys and super drunk.

I could see them crossing their fingers the entire time we were in the cab- I wasn't fooled by anything anymore.

We passed by street after street, until all the people started to clash together into a big blur. Or maybe I was still trying not to cry. My mind kept going to Cole, and what he was probably doing at the moment. With Niki? Having fun?

We went to a dive bar nearby, notorious for fights and the clubbers getting loose. Crazy, I called it. Or as Maddie would phrase it, free.

My skin clunged on to the fabric, and I played with the cotton. Was it too short? The guys shot skeevy looks at me, and I looked away. None of them felt like the one. And they were definitely not him. They would never be.

Camila plunked down a tray of shots, declaring it was a night for drunk mistakes but not regrets. The glasses were full, but the air around felt empty. People dancing aimlessly, swaying their bodies to some repetitive beat. No one cared. They were free. And I wanted to be like them.

Maybe tonight would be different from the lonely hours in bed, counting sheep and staring at the ceiling. Tonight, I would forget.

And a black car that matches your blackest soul

A/n:

We reached 500 reads! Thank you so much to all my lovely readers, you guys are so sweet and I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3

Don't worry, things with Lili can only get better or worse from here ^_^
(Maybe she'll get a hottie from the bar, eh?)