1.5 finders keepers

I look outside and realize it's Anna's house on my left, Anna shouts, "That's my house!" The man stops the car and Anna get's out of the car. I realize she might need the gun so grab my backpack and reach for the gun. I get out of the car and run towards Anna. I tap her shoulder and hand her the gun, "I think you'll need this, just in case." Anna smiles, "You're a better shot than me. Do you want to come with me?" I nod, "Ofcourse." Anna unlocks her door. I point my gun inside as she opens the door. Anna shouts "Anyone home?!" No-one replies. The only thing we hear are bumping sounds and a kind of dragging sound Anna looks at me. Anna opens the door to the living room and I walk inside. I look at their backdoor to the garden, it's smashed. I look down and see one of the rotten. I point my gun and shoot it in the back of it's head. Anna runs towards it and truns it around. She releases a sigh of relief. "I don't know this person. So my mom is still out there. I hope." Anna walks away and I look around for knifes, cans, anything useful in their kitchen. I end up finding one knife, a few cans and 3 bottles I filled with tab water. The tab water is probably still drinkable. Can't go bad that fast, right? I look around a bit more in some of the cabins, but I find nothing. After I checked the last cabin Anna walks in the room. "I packed as many stuff I could find in the basement." She says as she hands me a bag, one of those bags you use for when you climb mountains or something. I put the cans and bottles in the backpack and put the backpack on my back. I hold onto the knife, there's no room left in the bag. I ask Anna if she's ready to go, she nods. We walk to the door. Anna opens the door and as we leave the house we see John struggling with one of the half-rotten people. I run towards the rotter and stab it in the head. John steps back and catches his breath while he leans against the car, "They don't die fast, do they?" I look at the rotter, "You've got to aim for the head. The only way they die." John nods. We enter the car and I get greeted with a wet lick in the back of my neck. I laugh, "Thanks, Mino." Mino is a weird dog. John starts the car and starts driving, "Where do we go now?" I look at Anna, if she want's to go somewhere. "Maybe we could go to a city, like Groningen?" I nod, "We could do that, maybe they kept the rotten from going there." I look at Anna and she nods. As the man makes a turn, a bus comes racing out of the woods. Not a small bus, but the public transport bus. The bus stops and John stops his car. "What do we do?" Not much later a camper and a van come driving out of the woods and stop next to the bus. I look at John, "I think we should just get out of the car and talk to them." John nods and we get out. John walks towards them and I open the trunk to get Mino and Sokje. They jump out and Anna and I follow John. As we walk towards the bus, a man gets out of the Camper and he walks towards us, "We are on our way to Germany, I know a place where there were barely any people before it started, so there are probably barely any dead ones." I look at the man, he's holding a gun in his hand, probably the same I have and there is a shotgun on his back. "Sorry, we are on our way to Groningen." Says John. The man looks at the dogs then back at us, "You probably don't want to go there, the dead are everywhere there." As those words leave his mouth I realize that if my dad and sister were already in Groningen, they are dead. But I can't think about them now, because they are probably dead, if they aren't, they'll make it. My dad is strong and so is my sister. My mom is still somewhere here and when I find her, I'm going to do everything I can to find my dad and my sister, "Can we come with you?" The man smiles. "Ofcourse you can, would you like to be in the bus or stay in the car?" John looks at me, "We're almost out of gas, we should probably get some more or get in their bus." I look at Anna and she nods. I turn around and start walking, but a familiar voice stops me. I look up and look for the person who shouted. I look at the bus and see someone stepping out the bus. Then it hits me, my mom! I start running and when I get there I hug her. I hear the dogs barking and jumping against my back. I hear my mom sobbing, I don't let go, I'm afraid I never will. But eventually I have to let go. After a little while we let go and my mom hugs the dogs, "I'm so glad you got them, I was on my way home, to look for you your sister and your dad." I pet Sokje, "They are not there, I already went there, they are probably in the city." My mom looks down, "Then I guess we should just go with them to Germany." I feel angry, my mom is just going to give up that easily?! "I can't believe you! You're just going to give up that easy? They are your husband and daughter! I..." Before I can finish my sentence my mom interrupts me, "I have no choice, I'm not going to risk your life and these people's lifes for them! Yes they are my husband and daughter, but there is a very high possibility they're dead and I can't ask this man to drive to a city filled with flesh eating monsters! I just can't..." My mom looks down, I can't help but hug her. I look at the man behind her, probably their leader, "She's right, kid. The city is not somewhere you want to be right now." I nod. My mom and I step into the bus and Anna and the dogs follow, John stays to talk to the leader. I look around and see a tough-looking elderly woman with a rifle, a middle aged man, a young family, another family with two kids. Two teenagers, probably twins. My mom was sitting in the back, because that's where I see her bag. I see a lot of children near her seat. I tap my mom's shoulder, "Mom? Are these the children from your work?" My mom nods, she works at a daycare, "Their parents didn't show up. I waited so long and I didn't know what else to do when this bus arrived, they saw me standing in the window, then i smashed it and helped the children get over the window, when I helped the third kid over the window Lucy came to help me and helped me get over the window. The room I was in was the only room not... the only room with living people left inside..." I look at my mom then at the children, "You did the right thing mom." My mom probably saw that I was wondering who Lucy is, "Lucy is the tough-looking woman with the tattoo on her face. She killed a lot of the dead who eventually broke down the door. She said she was in the army." I hug my mom, "I can't believe this is happening..."