1.7 Nice To Meet You

As I sit next to my sleeping mom I realize I had watch on the camper. I get up and run by the dogs and I hear them jumping off their chair. I run towards the camper and climb up, I look around and pick up my bow and arrows that I apparently left on the roof. I see nothing weird, just a few people in the meadow talking I think, and a few people walking around scavenging stuff in the cars on the road. I sit down and keep looking around for the rotters. After a few minutes I hear a voice to my left, "Hey, tought you might want these back." I look to my left and see the blonde woman climbing up the ladder with my arrows in her hand, "Oh, yeah thanks, kind of forgot about them." She gets up on the roof and hands me the arrows, "Want me to take over, or do you think I'll be too loud?" She says as she points at her rifle, now with a silencer. "Where did you..." before I can finish she answers my question, "I found a few in a truck, along with a few cool looking guns, Lucy probably knows what they're called, she's probably checking them right now. The name is Annabelle by the way." I look into the distance and don't see any rotters, "My name is Julian, nice to meet you. And yes, you can have watch." I walk to the ladder and climb down. As I walk towards the bus I hear a weird sound and look to my right and see a rotter falling on the ground, I then hear Annabelle say, "Ha! Got him!" I smile and continue walking. When I step into the bus I look to my right and see Lucy cleaning a rifle and on the seat opposite of her I see a pile of guns. And they are not the normal police types of guns. I walk towards Lucy and sit down on the seat behind the guns and look at Lucy, "What are these guns and why would anyone keep these?" Lucy snors, "Like I'm supposed to know. All I know is that the guy was prepared and still died. Not that I'm upset about it. More guns for us means more protection for us." I look at the pile of guns and see a futuristic looking revolver, "Do you know what that one is called?" I say as I point at the revolver. She looks up and looks at the revolver, "I have no idea, all I know is that these kill things and that's all that matters, right now I'm just trying to focus and learn how these things are cleaned." I nod and smile, "I'll leave you to it then." She doesn't reply, but instead starts working faster. I get up and walk by the kids my mom took with her. I recognise some of them as my mom sometimes brought me or my sister to work on holidays, since her new boss came around we weren't allowed anymore. I look at them sleep until I see one of them staring right at me, I walk towards him and ask, "Hey, can't sleep?" He doesn't answer, but instead keeps staring at me. I smile kindly, "Do you mind if I sit down next to you?" He gets up and shakes his head. "Did you have a nightmare?" He nods, "Sometimes it helps when you tell someone what it was about." He looks down, "About the monsters that ate the nice cleaning lady." I realize that these children have seen more than they should have and probably no-one has even told them what was going on. "Where's my mommy?" I hear coming from behind me. I look behind me and see two pares of teary eyes looking at me. "I wanna go home." I hear coming from my right. I look and see another child almost crying looking right at me. "I-... You can't right now. Every one, shhhh just try to be quiet and I'll tell you what's going on." The children look confused, ofcourse. They are just too young to understand, like 4, 5? "Right now, you can't go home, because we're going to a special place where it's very pretty but you'll have to be very, very quiet. Okay?" I look at the kids and see them cheering up. "Sounds fun, doesn't it?" Some are smiling and some are still wiping their tears away. "Your mommies and daddies are going somewhere else where there are a lot of other people right now, and don't cry because they are very happy, but you're not going to see them again. But don't worry, they'll always be with you, right... here!" I say as I point at the boys heart. The kids seem sad, but they're not cryinng, did that cheesy talk just work? I have impressed myself. I smile, "Now, I don't know your names, could we all just tell our names? I'll start, I'm Julian, and your teacher, Mary-Ann is my mom!" The boy behind me laughs "She can't be your mom! You're taller than her!" I laugh, "How does that mean that she's not my mom?" The boy stays quiet. I smile, "When I was your age I was probably the same height as you, maybe even smaller. Because you seem pretty tall for your age. But once I got older, I grew and grew. And one day I was  the same height as my mom. And now, I'm even taller." The boy smiles, "Ooooh. So maybe one day I'll be even taller than you are?!" I smile, "Maybe!" I look around at the kids and rhey're all busy talking to eachother. There are about 8 of them. All about 4, 5 or 6. The boy taps my shoulder and I look at him, "My name is Alex." I smile, "Nice to meet you Alex."