1.11 Rich Places

Lucy put the woman and the other two in the back of the van and guards it. My mom and Eric and a few others are talking about what to do in the bus. Anna, Aaron, Jack, Angel and me are sitting near the edge of the road while the little ones are playing with Sokje and Mino near the bus about 5 meters away from us. I hear the others talking about what to do and see Angel death staring me. I smile at her, "So Angel? Where did you get that cut?" She smiles and opens her mouth but I can see her thinking about what to say, "I uhm... I fell, yeah it was a bad fall. Fell right on a rock." I look at her and try to look comforting, "Auch that must have hurt really bad." She laughs uncomfortably, "No, not really." As she gets up to leave I see my mom, Eric and the others stepping out of the bus. And they shout to us, "Guys get over here, we decided what to do!" We get up and we walk to the bus. As we get there Alice is already talking, "So we decided to do what the others want and give them half of everything we have." How could they do this? We need that. We need food. I walk away and get in the bus. I look around for the weapons and see the weapon bag on one of the chairs. I open it and grap a regular handgun, I also grab a magazine and load it. I leave the bus and walk towards the SUV where the other guys are kept. I hear multiple people ask me what I'm doing, I open the back doors and point my gun at the guy who got shot in the shoulder, "Let me tell you this. Always when I'm about to kill the littlest animal, like a bug for example, I feel sorry. Before I kill it. Right now when I know I could kill you, I don't feel sorry, I feel nothing. So you better tell me, where are they?" The guy hesitates and looks at the woman who got shot in the knee, "I... I don't know." I pull the trigger and the parts of his brain splatter against the other two's faces. I point the gun at the man-voiced woman, but before I can speak I hear my mom behind me, "Julian! What are you doing?!" I keep eye contact with the woman as I talk to my mom, "None of you wanted to do this, then I'll do it. I can take it. I'm sorry mom." I hear another pair of footsteps, "I got this kid." Lucy pushes me aside but I keep pointing my gun at the woman, "You don't have to help me." She shoots her gun near the womans face, "I'll do the killing then, you just tell me when to shoot." I nod, "Okay smoker. So you just saw what happens when you underestimate me, please don't make the same mistake, tell us where to go." The woman stares at me in silence. I look at lucy and nod. But then I hear another voice, "I'll tell you, please don't kill her." I look at them and see it was the pregnant woman, "Good to see at least one of you is smart." Eric steps into the back and pulls the pregant woman with him and brings her to the RV. I walk closer to the back of the SUV and look at the woman, "Buh-bye!" She says as she looks at me and I close the door. Let her have fun with the dead guy. We all enter the bus and wait until the pregnant lady gives Eric and Lucy the full route. After a few minutes Eric walks in, "She gave us the adress and the way to it." He looks around, "I need every person who can fight, so that means you two." He says as he looks at Anna and me and he probably means the other teens too. "Just one to stay here with the kids and the pregnant woman." "I'm worthless with a gun and I know these kids." My mom says, "Just one condition, my son and Anna stay here with me." I look at my mom, "No mom, they need us, we barely have any people who can shoot." My mom shakes her head, "I won't lose my son too, you stay here." I walk towards her, "I'm going, they need us. They don't have enough people, we need to intimidate them with numbers if we want to stand a chance. Besides, it's not a guarantee that we'll fight with them." My mom looks down, "Fine, but only if you promise you stay out of the fighting." I nod and look at Eric. I guess we're settled then. We leave the bus, Eric has the gun bag, but he left a hand gun and a knife for my mom to protect herself, and the pregnant lady is taped to a chair in the bus. All of us get in the RV, it's just Eric, Anna, Aaron, Jack, Angel, Lucy, the elderly man, the twin's parents, Paul and me. We're not with many, but it'll do. The elderly man drives the RV as Lucy gives us the weapons, when she gets to me she says, "Thought you might needed something different than your bow." She says as she hands me the rifle that Annabelle had. She also hands out bags of ammo, half of us gets one. Alice fills a bag with stuff she can use for bullet wounds and stab wounds, also a few little boxes which I think are some kind of pain killers. We're driving for what feels like an hour when the elderly man breaks. We all barlely manage to keep standing, "I think we're here." I look through the window and see a big mansion, "Wow that's one hell of a hide out." I hear Anna say. I laugh, "Better than sleeping in a bus." We all get out and point our weapons at the mansion, it has a big wall around it and the gate is closed and looks like it's made of steel, we all just stand there until Angel says what we're all thinking, "How the fuck are we supposed to get in there."