Chapter 4: Maria Kelly

"Here. This is all of it." I told the Landlord. He opened the envelop and counted the money. 
"Okay. I will get the lights and water back on. But do not be late on payments again." And with that he walked away. Cranky old ass of a man. 
I walked back into the house and mother was already back home and sleeping on the couch. 
I went up to my bedroom and started my transformation into Violet. 
Today I wore a silk pink bra with fake rime stones and diamonds. High waisted booty shorts that were the same pink as the bra but the front was just jewels. A necklace that hung all the way to between my bra that had a huge diamond on it as well. I wore the same boots as yesterday and a pastel pink long hair wig. I pulled the wig out of the trunk filled with things for Violet and brushed it. I decked out my makeup like I do every night and went to meet Anna. 

"That's a cute outfit

"That's a cute outfit." Anna said when I met up with her. 
"Thanks. So is yours." She was wearing a full body suit with diamonds like figure skaters wear. She could pull off the weirdest outfits. 
We walked to the back. "Violet you're singing first then on the pole. Gypsy you are on the pole all night. Get going." 
"I think we're his favourite." Anna whispered to me as we walk out of the bosses back office. 
"Well we are the youngest and the best ones here, this place is a dive remember?" 
She laughed. "Fair enough." 
I got up to the stage and flicked through the songs until I found a song. Come And Get It by Selena Gomez blasted through the speakers. I sung and shook my body when I sung the course. 
I grinned with Anna and everyone was cheering when I finished. 
I walked off the stage and behind the bar. A man older than me, but not by a lot, was sitting there. Dark hair and a days worth of facial stubble on a long face. He was handsome. 
"What can I get ya pretty?" I asked him. 
He did a once over, looking at me from head to where he couldn't see any further because of the bar, and back up. He smiled at me. Very nice smile. "Scotch on the Rocks please." 
I turned around and got him his drink. I handed it to him, placing a coaster on the wood bar. "Thank you." 
"You're welcome." 
The real bartender came back. I hated the man, he was always trying to get with me. It was gross, he was like triple my age. 
"What you doin back here doll face?" He asked coming behind the bar. 
"Your job." I snarled at him.
He came up behind me, bent around my backside to pick up an empty glass in front of me. I felt him on my behind. I chocked and swallowed the bile that rose in my throat.
I spun around and pushed him off of me. "Seriously Dan, I told you to stop. Next time I will hurt you." 
"Oh honey, you aren't serious." 
"Oh honey, I am. Wanna take this outside and see just how serious I am?" I threatened, batting my lashes and crossing my arms, resting all my weight on one foot, leaning on my hip. Bitch stance one-o-one. 
"No need to get feisty, Violet." Dan moved a step closer. My fists clenched under my upper arms. 
"Your name is Violet?" The guy at the bar asked, clearly interested now.
"That it is. And who might you be?" I bent down so I was leaning my elbows on the bar counter, trying to forget about Dan, hoping he'd get back to doing his job.
"Justin."
"Nice to meet you Justin." I shook his hand.
"Same to you." He said as Dan wound up a towel and smacked it across my ass.
Justin started to stand up but I grabbed his arm. "It's okay. I got this."
I turned around connecting my high heel boot with his junk and my fist with the side of his face. He groaned and dropped to the floor.
I grabbed the back of his his shirt and dragged him from behind the bar and threw him out of the building. 

I went back to the bar. "Sorry about that." I said when I came back to Justin. 
"Wow, you're strong." He sounded impressed, awe. 
"I gotta be." I said flexing like a man, smiling as I joked. 
"For the pole?" He giggled while taking a sip of his drink. 
"Dude that's harder than it looks. But no because if I wasn't I wouldn't make it." 
"What do you mean?" 
"I haven't had it good. Mom's a druggy, she's never not on something. I have absolutely no clue who my father is. I pay the bills so my mother doesn't get evicted. I grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, in with the wrong crowd." 
"I'm sorry." 
"Don't be. I'm not." I smiled at him. 
Anna came up to me. "Hey Gypsy, this is Justin. Justin this is my best friend Gypsy." 
They shook hands. "This is going to sound really weird but can I get a photo with you two. I promise I'm not a creeper or anything." 
I laughed. "Absolutely, this is the easiest thing we have to do." I said and walked around the bar to Justin and Gypsy. 
Justin tapped a man's shoulder. "Excuse me, could you take a photo of us please?" 
"Of course." The man said and stood up, taking Justin's phone. He stood in the middle and wrapped his arms around the middle of our backs, us doing the same to him. 
He was a gentleman, no wondering fingers, no looking down at our cleavage. The whole time we talked he only looked at my face. I wasn't used to that. 
"Thank you." He said to the man and to us. 
"No problem. Anyways, it was great to meet you but I have to get back to work." 
I smiled at him and went back to the stage with Anna and the other two dancers and started shaking.