Chapter 7: Maria Kelly

"Cops. They were cops!" I yelled as we ran in our stripper clothes threw the bushes and into the forest. 
"I know! But I'd rather face cops then him." Anna shouted. 
"My house. We'll be safe at my house." 
"We can't get caught Mar." Anna said running beside me. 
"I know. If have to, we will go to TT." 
"I don't want to." 
"At least we'll be safe. He will keep me safe, and because you are my best friend he will protect you too. He knows that I helped you. We will be fine Anna." 
We made it to my house and we ran up the stairs.
"You can put Gypsy with Violet in the lock chest and come back for her later." 
We always talked about them in the third person because they are like our split personality. 
Maria and Anna are us, are who we are, but Violet and Gypsy are fun, crazy and wild. Our alter ego's, if you will. They are a part of us. 
We changed into skinny jeans and a t-shirt when there was a knock at the door and to my utter surprise my mother answered. "Hank, Antonio... And other people. What is the pleasure?" She asked. 
Who and who? I looked at Anna. "Get ready to jump out the window." 
She nodded and opened the window, waiting for my signal. 
"We would like to talk to Maria." 
"Are you talking to her as cops or because she may be your daughter, or yours?" 
I was about to run back up but when she said daughter, I stopped. What? 
I crept down the stairs. "Lily I don't know what you remember from the hospital -" She cut off the guy I defended against Dan. "No, I remember it all. Maria is either your daughter or yours." She pointed to him and the guy that was sitting beside him at the bar. 
My heart started racing? Daughter? Me? To a cop? No way in hell. 
"We saw her at her job and something happened and we want to talk to her." The one guy said. 
"Cop business?" She asked again.
"I think a little bit of both." He said. 
I gasped and all of them turned their heads. The two guys my mom said could be my father, two other males, two females and my mother. 
The leader I'm guessing, took one step towards me and I bolted up the stairs. 
"Anna go!" I screamed. 
I could hear them behind me going up the steps. I ran to my room and closed the door behind me. I got half way out of the window when the two men that are apparently my fathers came into my room. 
"Maria, we just want to talk." The older man said. They both stopped a few feet away, hands raised, showing me they weren't going to hurt me. I didn't believe them, maybe fathers or not. 
"Yeah right." I spat and slipped out the window. I fell and hit the ground harder than I should have. I looked up to see both of them looking at me out of the open window. Anna came to my side and helped me up and we started running down the street. 
We sprinted down the street and I looked back to see all of them on foot, sprinting after us. "Hop the fence." I told Anna. I gave her my hand and she boosted herself up. I did the same and jumped over the fence not half a second before one of them tried to grab my foot. 
It was dark out probably midnight. We ran down a few allies and different streets trying to lose them. A car passed us then reversed, three men got out. 
"Well well well look what we have here." The big one said. 
"Piss off." I told him and stepped in front of Anna. 
"Feisty. Get in the car." 
"I have police following me. One scream, that's all it will take." 
He raised his gun and shot it up in the air trying to scare us. Anna jumped, I didn't flinch. 
Footsteps came around the corner, "Chicago PD, Stop!" They obviously heard the shot because it ran out through the street like it was a firework. 
The guys jumped back into the car and took off. "Pussies!" I scream and we ran into an abandoned building. 
We ran all the way up to the top floor and hid behind some pillars. "Let me fight. If I say run, don't look back. I will find you. Get out of here. Go to TT's, I will meet you there." She nodded. We heard two pairs of footsteps coming up the stairs. They split up. 
I waited until one was close to us and I jumped on him. He threw me off but I jumped back to my feet. I threw a few fits but he blocked them. "I don't want to hurt you." He said. 
"Well then this'll be easy then." I kicked him in the knee cap, spun around elbowed him in the chest, brought my other elbow down on the top of his shoulder, between his neck and shoulder bone. He dropped. 
I heard more footsteps coming up the stairs. 
I ran to Anna and we went to the opposite exit. "You run down. I'll go up." She hesitated. 
"Go, I love you bestie." I said. "I love you too." Anna called back and ran down. I took a deep breath and took the stairs two at a time. I got up to the roof and ran to the other side. If I ran and jumped I could get to the second roof. 
I backed up when they came to the roof. 
"Maria stop." One said. 
I raised my hands. 
All four boys were on the roof. "Maria my name is Hank Voight." The older guy said, the one my mother said could be my father. "I am a Sergeant at the 21st District, I run the Intelligence Unit. This is Detective Antonio Dawson." He point to the other guy that my mother said could be my father. "And this is Detective Jay Halstead, and officer Adam Ruzek. We don't want to hurt you, that's why we don't have our guns out. We just want to talk." 
"Sorry but I ain't no snitch." I said. 
"We aren't asking for you to tell us anything. We just want to talk to you." 
"About what?" 
"Who you are. You probably aren't aware of this but -" I cut him off. "One of you two men knocked up my mother and I popped out? Yeah I heard that in the kitchen." 
"Well then you understand why we want to talk to you." Antonio said. 
"Fine. What do you want to talk about?" I asked. 
"Let's take this back to your house, or the district where you're safe and we can have a private conversation." Hank said. 
I smiled. "That's what I thought. I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm not going with the police." 
"And TT is better?" Antonio shot at me. 
"You don't know me. You didn't even know I existed less than a week ago. You don't know what I've been through, if it wasn't for TT I would have been dead at twelve. So bite me." And with that I ran as fast as I could to the edge and jumped. 
"NO!" I heard one of them scream. I hit the other roof in an awkward way. I laid there for a minute. Then I slowly got up and ran to the door that led into the other abandoned building. TT's house was only five blocks away. He will take care of me. 
I got to the ground floor and walked out the door when I was surrounded. Anna was cuffed and in an undercover cop car. 
"Let's go." Hank said. He cuff me and threw me in the backseat with Anna and drove us to the district.