Chapter 16: Maria Kelly

Before I knew what I was doing I was sneaking out of the police building and walking to my car that I had left here yesterday when Jay had drove me home. 
Him and I have gotten very close in the past week. 
I got in and drove half aware of what was going on around me. 
My body took over, I had no idea where I was going until I walked through the doors of the pub. 
I sat down on stool at the bar and my favourite bartender was working. Dan wasn't in during the afternoon, only the night. 
"Give me something strong." I told him. 
"Sorry honey, you don't look twenty one." 
I scowled. "It's me, you moron." 
"Violet?" 
"Yeah." 
"Wow, you look so different without everything on." 
"Give me something strong John. Just keep them coming." I ordered. 
"One of those days?" He asked pouring. 
"You have no idea." I said downing the shot in record time. "Just leave the bottle." He did, asking no further questions, good man. 
I just kept drinking, shot after shot. My liver is going to hate me but I could care less right now. 
"Violet, you should slow down." John said. 
"Don't tell me what to do." I snapped at him. He raised his hands in surrender and walked away. 
I don't know how long it had been, probably close to three hours before Anna found me. 
"Maria, what are you doing?" She asked. Antonio, Jay and Hank were behind her. 
"What does it look like?" I asked downing another shot. 
"Maria, drinking isn't the answer." Hank said. 
"Maybe not." I said taking another shot. "But it is a good idea now go away." 
Anna leaned into Hank and said something. "Okay, do it." He said. 
Anna walked outside on the phone. I took another swig. 
Fifteen minutes later the door to the Pub opened and I was being spun around. "Maria." TT pulled me into his arms. I went gladly. "I'm so sorry." I pulled away and downed the last of the bottle. "Did you drink that whole thing?" He asked, I nodded. "Impressive." 
"What are you doing here?" I asked him almost incoherently. I think that even after a bottle I wasn't drunk enough. Stupid pain. 
"Why didn't tell me what happened?" 
"I didn't tell anyone. Anna called them, and apparently you." 
"Yeah she did, she's worried about you, and so am I. I haven't seen you drink like that since that girl Jessica stole your boyfriend in high school." He tried to lighten the mood, I smiled at the memory. "Yeah, then I dumped a can of paint over her from the top of the bleachers." TT laughed. "That you did." 
 I stood up and wrapped my arms around his neck and held him tight. 
"You are Maria Kelly. You're Muchitel. You are smart. Out think him, out play him. Show them who you are." TT gripped my shoulders, reminding me what a shit life I've had and what has come out of it.
I stood up, swayed a little from the alcohol, but managed to stay standing, and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "I will get that bastard if it's the last thing I do." I promised everyone.
I started walking out of the bar and everyone followed me. "So what's the plan?" Anna asked. 
"Well we gotta get everything we know on Dex. As much as possible." I told her. 
"Maria, we're on it." Hank extended his hand to TT. "I'm Sergeant Hank Voight." 
TT gripped the man's hand. "TT. Let me know what I can do to help. I want to catch this bastard as much as everyone else here." 
"I'll keep that in mind." 
"I need to go home." I started walking towards my car but Jay stepped in front of me. "You can't. You're drunk and can't drive, also, your house is kinda a crime scene remember?" 
I huffed and bent over the car. "Oh yeah, I remember. The vodka didn't take that away. The sun is too bright." 
TT laughed and walked over to me and put the sunglasses he had on his head over my eyes, tucking my hair behind my ears and kissed my forehead.
"You need to sleep." TT said. 
"Yeah, I haven't slept in like forty eight hours." 
"You can come back to my place." Jay said. 
"We all will. We aren't on the clock so we can all meet up at your house, go over everything while Maria sleeps." Hank offered. 
"Good idea." 
"TT, can you go and see what you can find out about Dex? It wouldn't hurt to have every angle covered, less surprises that way." Hank handed him his card. 
"Of course, I'll get right on it." 
I got in the passenger side of Jay's undercover cop car and passed out as soon as we took off.