Starting a new life

June 7. Dear diary,

Today me and my grandma took care of the garden. We planted tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, onions and lettuce. In her backyard she had a lot of fruits and vegetables growing and she often would offer us some fresh tomatoes or make mashed potatoes for me and Lucas, my brother, so she's kind of an expert to me. I think that I never planted anything, not even a flower. However I am pretty responsable so I am in charge of watering the entire garden but only on Sundays, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Daddy and Lucas are in vharge of watering the garden on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

Grandpa Nick is in charge of the hunting part but we do not need to hunt yet because we have a lot of supplies and the garden is supposed to grow in like 3 months. Our supplies will last for 2 and a half months. I made him promise that he won't make me kill any animals.

My brother's arm is not getting better. My grandma was a nurse so she kinda helps but she's not a doctor. We don't have much medical supplies to give him. We only have ibuprofen. He hates taking pills because he is horrible at it.

My dad's kinda sad. He misses work and stuff. I don't know why because working is just soo boring, specialy his work. I don't actually know the name of his job but i know it's boring because he took me to his office once. He had a lot and believe me when I say it he had a lot of papers on his desk. But he loved it. It made him go away from everything. With everything I mean my mum, problems, bills, me and Lucas.

Grandma made some coffee after lunch. For lunch we had chicken. Grandpa found one and we ate it. I asked for noodles but they said that chicken is better that noodles. Something about proteins and stuff. I know that proteins are good for your body but, grandpa Nick killed a chicken. I can't believe he did that.

It's not easy this new lifestyle, it's hard. It's hard having to forget about everything you had and just try to survive. I didn't have much but I had my group of friends, my house, my bed. Now I only have my brother, grandparents and dad. I really miss having friends to talk about things that happened to me, to gossip. I mean it was fun while it lasted.