chapter one

"So, how are the voices?"

"I haven't really heard them lately." I replied hoping that Dr Evans wouldn't call my bluff.

"Hmm, is that so?" I could already tell by the look on her face that she didn't believe me. I guess I wasn't very convincing but I carried it on anyway.

"Yes it is. I promise. It's gone all quiet up in here!" I smiled whilst pointing to my head. She still wasn't buying it. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

Ha Ha you wish!

My smile faltered and I guess she must've noticed because she picked up her pen and began to write something on her little notepad. I wished they would just leave, it's not normal for thoughts to have thoughts of their own.

Normal? Like you can talk about being normal.

"Well if you would just kindly leave then maybe I would be normal!" I snapped back and then I stopped. I thought I said that in my head. Oh well she thinks... or maybe knows is a better word. She knows i'm crazy already so attempting to hide it is a bit pointless. I was just so grateful she didn't say anything. It was embarrassing enough that I was talking to imaginary voices in my head but the icing on the cake was talking to imaginary voices in my head whilst trying to desperately convince my psychiatrist, Dr Evans, that I wasn't hearing voices. They always seemed to appear at the most convenient times. At least this voice was one of the nicer ones.

Dr Evan's sigh was audible through the screen and it was enough to make me hang my head in shame. Her grey eyebrows furrowed in thought, then she looked up and smiled as if nothing happened and carried on speaking.

"Your still taking the medicine we prescribed?"

"Yep."  Another white lie. I did it so often you thought I would've gotten good at it by that point

But that's just you isn't it. You can't do anything right.

I couldn't question it. The voice was right, I was smart enough to know that.

Are you sure about that?

"Anyway, our session is finished. I'll speak to you same time tomorrow morning. Have a good day Ivy," she went on.

"I will Dr Evans, you too" I said with a smile as fake as silicon boobs. She gave a little wave and the screen went black signalling the end of the call.

Thank God that's over, her voice was beginning to annoy me.

Still ignoring the voice, I got up from my spot at the kitchen table, closed my laptop and headed upstairs to my room. Now was my favorite time of the day and by favourite, I mean worse nightmare. School. Yuck.

You think school's bad try living in your head it's very messy in here. Could you clean it up a little bit, it would be much appreciated.

I could almost imagine the grin on the voices smug face, I mean if voices could have faces. Not that it was very important, the voice without a face is enough.

The house was quiet, as it always was. No one but me, myself and the voices in my head. I didn't have enough time to be sad about it though, I had to get to school.

~~~

The halls were loud, as if the voices in my head weren't loud enough. If only it could've been loud enough to block out all the hushed whispers drifting in from the sea of hormonal teenagers.

"Isn't that what's her name?"

"I swear she used be friends with the popular lot?"

"She's really let herself go don't you think?"