chapter seventeen

Tobys POV

Giving Ivy my blood was the best thing I've ever done. The test was successful and Ivy is receiving my blood now. The Doctor said it'll all go fine because it's a simple procedure. I'm excited to see her, I can't wait to explain to her and talk to her about everything. 

"Afternoon Toby, Ivy is awake and the procedure went perfectly you are welcome to see her." The Doctor said to me. All I can do is smile and I walk to her room, I gently knock. 

"come in" Ivy softly spoken and as soon as I walked in her face went from tired to hatred. 

"Get out, I don't want you here so leave." She said sternly. 

"Ivy please let me explain, just give me 5 minutes please," I replied desperately. I could see in Ivy's eyes that she was debating it and then she sighs, "Okay, 5 minutes."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean what I said, I know you don't want attention and I shouldn't have said that I shouldn't have jumped to conclusion about my brother hurting you, I should've heard your side of things and not just his, I don't believe you but maybe my opinion will change when you explain it to me. As soon as you hung up on me I needed to see you and when I made to your house and found Emma there-"

"Emma was there? Why?" She interrupted 

"She wanted to apologize to you but I don't like her she seemed to flirt with me a lot, but that's not the point, the point is that when your Mum let us into your house and Emma found you, my whole world came crashing down and it was all my fault, I did that to you and I can never forgive myself for that even if you do, I rang 911 and they brought you here, I gave you my blood so you could live, please forgive me Ivy, please, I made a huge mistake." I look up to her with tears streaming down my eyes and so does she. 

"say something please" I pleaded.

"I don't know what to say, Toby, I just, I'm glad I lived, I regret trying to kill myself, it was a cowardly act by me, I just felt that if you didn't want me then what was the point of even being alive anymore but after hearing your apology, I forgive you, I really do" She says looking directly into my eyes, a huge smile spreads across my face. 

"Thank you so much, Ivy, I won't let you down again, I promise" And then I hug her and I'm relieved when she hugs me back. 

"Why was Emma flirting with you?" Her voice was so quiet, barely above a whisper, the question made my heart race and her voice made it break. 

"I don't know but if I'm going to be honest with you, I only have eyes for you, I like you, Ivy, so much and I need you in my life with me," I say strongly not even rejection can bring me down, she needed to know how I feel about her.

"You like me? Good because I like you too." A smile is shared between us.

"Well, would you fancy a date with me?" I smirk 

"Indeed I do" She giggles and my heart just melts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! again sorry for the wait, but expect many chapters over the two weeks, because I'm on school break. Although I have a lot of homework I'm going to get it all done so I can focus on the book. The book could be nearly done, I'm aiming for 25-30 chapters. Let me know if you want something to happen and I'll try and make it work. Thank you guys so much for reading this book.