chapter thirteen

"No, I can't tell you" I spoke just above a whisper

"Why not?" He says with pleading eyes. 

"Toby I can't tell you because you won't believe me." I turn my eyes away so he can't see my tears.

"Please Ivy, please tell me." His hands cup my face forcing me to look at him as tear rolls down my face.

"I'm not ready to speak about it if you want to know you have to ask your brother." I softly speak, and the realisation hits me, why am I so stupid? How could I let that slip? he'll be dumb if he doesn't figure it out but I hope he doesn't, I hope he didn't even hear me.

"My brother? What does my brother have to do with this? Does he know who hurt you?" Turns out he is dumb but I'm glad, I would've been screwed if he found out his brother use to hurt me. 

"You should go" My voice breaks as tears start to fill my eyes. All he did was nod and then he reaches in for a hug. His hugs are soft and warm, I feel as if I don't want to let go, but that feeling soon vanishes as he leaves my embrace and walks out the door without another word.

I walk over to the window and look out to see Toby leaving my driveway, once he disappears I slowly walk up to my room. I sit down on my comfy bed and think about what I have done. I could've ruined Toby and Sam's relationship, this is bad. 

I frantically reach for my phone and dial Toby's numbers. 

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

"Pick up, pick up, pick up"

Ring Ring

"Please pick up"

"Hi Toby speaking"

"Toby I need to tal-"

"Haha just kidding this is my voicemail so please leave a message"

My hand begins to shake as I place my phone down. What have I done?

Gosh, you're so stupid, why would he ever answer you?

You're right, he probably hates me because of mentioning his brother

I know I'm right. I always am, never forget that. 

I won't

Good.

Ring Ring 

Ring Ring

My heart races fast, is he really calling me back? oh my gosh, do I answer?

You haven't checked if it's him yet and it won't be

I look down at my phone and I feel myself frowning, it's not him, it's Sam.

~~~~~~~

Hey guys sorry for the really short chapter it's the best I could do. I'm thinking of making them shorter so I can write and update faster and have more chapters quicker for you guys.