Hugh x Sapphire

[[This was a Request, I lost the screenshot. Whoops. Request by WinterWolf1377]]

Characters:

Hugh: Unova Rival

Sapphire: Hoenn Protagonist

THATS THE WRONG SAPPHIRE DANGIT

There we go. Much better.

Ship Name:

Huphire

Sapphugh

DETERMINATIONshipping

Where they met:

Sapphire and Hugh met on a tram in Unova. Hugh was trying to find his sister's lost Pokémon and Sapphire was in a huge arguement with her best friend Ruby so she flew to Unova to get away. Sapphire felt like she needed to rsnt to someone so the boy sitting next to her was the perfect canidate.

"Do you ever have one of those people you love with all your heart but yet want to gouge out there eyes sometimes?"

Hugh glanced over at the bright blue eyed girl. He rose an eyebrow. She clearly wasn't from here and she clearly was insane. But Hugh had nothing else to do. It was a long ride to get back to Accumula Town. Why not try to play nice with some tourist on the tram?

"Not really. Wait, take it back. I do have one friend."

Thinking about it, Rosa could be so pushy and so annoying. Talking about crushes, boys, and always bugging him with the insignificant things. Sapphire's smile widened and her eyes let off a gleam to make him think they were made of actual Sapphires. Not that he knew her name yet.

"So you do understand! My friend Ruby back in Hoenn was trying to make me do a contest but he knows I hate contests! He's always pushing me to do stuff he loves and I don't and it's so annoying!"

Hugh nodded. He knew that feel. Rosa would always try to make him do stuff he didn't want to do as well. It's always the annoying people with names that begin in the letter R, isn't it? No offense to anyone named Rachel or something.

"Oh yeah! I'm shapphire."

THe girl stuck out her hand towards Hugh. Sapphire, huh? It fits her seemingly favorite color. Blue eyes, blue clothes. Definitely a sapphire. Hugh let out a small smile and shook her hand, looking in her eyes.

"I'm Hugh."

Things in common:

Competitiveness; Stubbornness; Determination

Opposites that attract:

Masculine mindset vs feminine mindset; Care too little vs Care too much

Fluff moment:

"So we're tracking down a group called Team Plasma that was revived by a man named Ghetsis who used to run an organization all to find your sister's Purrloin?"

Hugh shrugged. Yeah that was the gist. Sapphire pouted and looks around. This was going to be a lot thought than trying to bust that oaf Archie. Archie was easy to get rid of. Team Plasma sounded smart. Uh oh.

"Yeah, pretty much."

Sapphire sighed and sent out a pokemon. Swaillow chirped and soared uo into the air, grateful to be let out. Hugh looked over at the awesome bird Pokémon in awe. Sapphire smirked and cupped her hands to tell her Pokémon what to do.

"SWAILLOW YOURE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE DRESSED IN RIDICULOUS WHITE AND SILVER OURFITS!!! YOU KNOW, STUFF RUBY EOULD FIND DIGISTING!!!"

The second phrase is what made the bird Pokémon name understand and start soaring. Sapphire turned back to see Hugh still in awe. It was awesome when she impressed boys by battling, but impressing one just by calling out a Pokémon? This was a score that even Wallace would be proud of!

"That's What Hoenn Pokemon look like? That thing looked awesome!"

Sapphire smiked wide. She had a feeling she had him around her finger.

Heartbreaking moment:

"DAMN IT!!!"

Hugh fell to his knees. He was so close. He was so fucking close. He almost got his precious little sister's Pokémon back. The injured Blazekin that Sapphires let him borrow so he could fight Team Plasma when they split up sat on the ground, eating a bunch of Oran berries out of his bag. He lost.

"Hugh! Hugh!"

Sapphire was jogging, but now she was sprinting. Swaillow was flying above her, proudly and victoriously as If it just single handedlt beat five team Plasma grunts and some wacky scientist with weird hair into the ground. Which he did. Sapphire ran to Hugh's side.

"What's wrong? Did you lose!? Now way! Oh! Blazekin! You okay bud?"

Sapphire turned herself towards the giant fighting chicken who gave her a thumbs up. She sighed in relief and sat oj her knees, turning back to Hugh. He looked like he wasn't going to cry. She knew how to handle emotional boys. She was friends with Ruby after all. She took him into a hug.

"It's alright, Hugh. We all lose sometimes. But we'll get another chance and take back what's ours! Right? Sssssshh.... it's okay. Everything's okay."

But it wasn't okay. He failed. He failed his little sister again because he was an incompetent trainer. Now Team Plasma was gone with Purrloin thanks to him! Sapphire was rocking him back and forth a bit. He won't lie, he felt safe in her arms. He simply closed his eyes and muttered out two magic words.

"I'm sorry."

He felt so helpless. He felt like such a failure. But a few simple words could make it a little better? Right? Two words to match his own?

"It's okay."

Yeah. That made him feel a little better, but nowhere nearby better enough.

He failed

Overview:

I have no words. This was hard! I don't know what I feel about this. I just kind of made uo this whole idea of the two of them having an adventure together to get Hugh's Sister's Pokémon back together. All because she got mad at Ruby. Ha ha!

Do you ship it? Leave your thoughts down below! I'd love to hear your point of view or a request for me! Why not drop a vote or two while you're here to support me a little? Thank you so much for reading and I love you!

~Eva