Chapter 2

I easily found a part-time job and it's also near my school. I bumped into a lady and I helped her carry her basket.

"I was looking for a part-time job so I can help my brother." I told the lady. Her hair is white but I think she's the same age as I am-or not. She was wearing a red dress and she smiles so bright. I seemed to relax when she did that.

"But why are you in a rush? Is someone bothering you?" She asked.

I was running when I bumped into her. I tried not to think about the past so I said, "Uh, it's nothing. I just want to search for a part-time job so I can go home early."

"You're looking for a job?"

"Yes, I am."

I was surprised when she held my hand and she looked at me eagerly. I thought for a second that her eyes were shining with interest.

"Well, you can work at our cafe." She announced. And then, I was the one who was looking at her with eager eyes.

So I met Mira, the lady I bumped into and the one who helped get a job. She showed me where the cafe is and what job will I do. The cafe has a nice ambiance in it. It was quite popular, I guess. 'Cause there's many customer and they keep on coming and coming as the bell in the door rings.

"So Juvia, you will start on Wednesday, I guess?" Mira smiled as she asked me.

"Sure." I smiled at her too. I also met their manager, Erza Scarlet. She's kind of scary but when I handled her strawberry cake, which Mira told me, she easily gives in to the cake.

I was smiling as I went home because I easily found a new job. I have a job so I can help Gajeel in the rent and also I can keep up with my expenses especially my needs in school.

When I got home, I saw Gajeel dressed in a long sleeve that was pulled through his elbow and a slack. He looks like he's going to a formal dinner or something. Did he have a work this evening?

"Hey, Juvia, get dressed." He said. I arched my eyebrow.

"Do we have an important visitor?" I asked.

"Nope, we're going to dinner and thank my friend." He answered as he neatly arranged his bow.

“Aren’t you too formal with that?” I asked. He was wearing a nice slacks and long sleeves polo and currently putting a bowtie in his neck.

“Shut up, woman. Just get dress.” He answered in an irritated tone.

I went up to my room and started to take a shower. I wonder where we will go. I was thinking of a fancy restaurant where they implement dress codes. Or maybe Gajeel just want to dress up today. I found it really funny.

As I finished my bath, I went out of the shower and picked a dress that will match Gajeel’s outfit. I picked a blue tube dress and the hem of the skirt just overflows through my knees.

 “Glad you’re done. Come on, woman, we shouldn’t be late!” He retorted. I just chuckled. I don’t know why boys are so impatient.

We rode a taxi as we went to the restaurant where Gajeel’s acquaintances are. As we got there, I notice how fancy the restaurant here. There’s a sign that was cursively design on a place that says “Magnolia’s best restaurant”. It has a warm and cozy atmosphere. The design of the place was perfect for the cold summer night. The tables and settings are sophisticated. It is really a fancy restaurant. I followed Gajeel until I met people who were supposed to be met.

“Oh, Gajeel is here!” He glanced from where we are. He held his hand to give Gajeel a high-five. The man next to him did the same and more acquaintances. And the lady, who looked like my age, greeted him shyly.