Author's Note

Summary

Following a failed pickpocket attempt, a fall from some stage rafters, and an audition that she never imagined in her wildest dreams, Mare Barrow, street felon by day and wistful ballerina by night, one day finds herself as a dancer for Manhattan's prestigious Calore Dance Academy, owned by the filthy-rich Calore clan. More than that, her partner is Maven Calore, one of the Calore brothers himself. And the pickpocket attempt, of course, was on Maven's older brother and the heir to the Academy, Tiberias "Cal" Calore. Naturally, he orchestrated the whole incident.

A paradigm rags-to-riches success story unfolds, and as the seventeen-year-old climbs up the levels of social class, she dances a dangerous game of love and betrayal when lies are told and secrets are revealed. The gang Mare belongs to, the Scarlet Street Fighters, and the Calore clan are brutal enemies, and the girl, simple as the blood in her veins, is caught right in the crossfire of their bloody war. Mare soon discovers that the Calore family not only has a passion for ballet dancing, but an obsession for power and money. It seems that the Calores control everything, including her own life. And yet, Mare Barrow wonders if the risk of destroying the Calores and their dynasty is worth everything that she's ever wanted.

Part 1 edited by: @FoolishDonut03 , @BellonaetLibitina , Serena H, Alicia S, and Sarah F.

Part 2 edited by: @chloe_yi05 and @maraudersreject .    

Thank you all--you are all amazing editors who have helped me write a better story. <3