First game

I sighed as I walked out of the restroom after changing into my manager clothes.

"Finally."

"Was the ride that tiring?" Yachi asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Think about it." I pointed behind me. I felt Noya's stare on my back. I heard some people to talk about our team. Yachi walked to give some drink to Hinata who looked more like a corpse than a living thing.

When it was our turn to go on the court I started to help Yachi out before we walked away to the audience or balcony.

"Which one do you think will win?" Kiyoko asked.

"Karasuno." We said with Yachi at the same time.

"Same." The game started with Asahi getting one point right away.

"Well that was fast." I said sarcastically. "The other team wasn't even ready!" Kiyoko and Yachi laughed quietly.

The game continued with our lead. I sometimes listened what other people, I don't know, talked around us.

"Their playing has improved a lot." Kiyoko said. We nodded with Yachi.

"You can literally see and feel the difference." I commented. Watching them play made Yachi comment about their hands getting snapped off, but for me I don't know why but it made me want to play as well.

"Argh! I want to play too!" I said. Both, Kiyoko and Yahci turned to look at me confused.

"What?"

"When you came you said you would never even touch the ball and now you suddenly want to play?" Kiyoko said.

"Well yeah. It started after I practiced with Ayumi, Neko and Chiyoko during summer camp." I sighed. "Few days after camp, Neko send me a message that I should play, but I refused."

"If you want to try then go with Chiyoko tonight. They have practice today." Kiyoko said.

"I can't. I promised I would go with Noya. He wants me to try on different kind of outfits or something. He got too exited after I forgot to take off the cheerleader outfit." I turned my attention back to game where everyone was doing absolutely good job. We earned our 22nd point. Yachi started to cheer quietly with some middle school boys.

"See? No. 9 and no. 10 are a lethal combination, aren't they?"

"Yes." I started to listen the conversation next to me.

"But more than that, the second and third years are far better then I expected." I had a feeling that this man who was talking was familiar. Then I realized that he was in one of the pictures in photo book that Chiyoko had in that storage room she showed us. He was the former coach of Karasuno. Interesting.

"The fact that Karasuno is starting to show signs of returning to its former glory this year, is in large part due to the unflagging enthusiasm of their adviser and the strength of their rookies. But the fact they are getting as far as they are, is because they have a rock-solid foundation in their second and third years." Ukai told. "Last year, I got to run a handful of practices at Karasuno. The kids back then all had guts, skill and potential. Yet, for some reason, they all seemed to be short on self-confidence. It was as if, somewhere along the way, they'd grown accustomed to losing."

They started another set.

"This year's third-year class first came to Karasuno, right about when the team's glory years had finally faded completely into the past." I started to wonder how much can he talk. "The gap between their image of the team and the team's reality had to be a shock to them." Image of third years as a first years came to my mind.

"Of all the classes, theirs was the one that had the misfortune to join the team when it was at rock bottom. And that there is your reason. The ones who stuck it out and stayed with the team, have a strength and determination that will not easily bend, let alone break." Ukai ended his speech.

"Wow..." I said quietly and then I actually yelled wow with Yachi. We had gained a ten point gap to Ohgi Minami. Kageyama made another service ace and we were on our set point.

"Yep we won." I said and got ready to go down. However the game was still on. The ball went from other side of the net to other side few times until Hinata hit it down.

"Wohoo!!" We walked down to first floor. I was instantly crushed by Noya.

"Did you see it? We won!"

"Yeah I did. You're killing me by the way." He let go of me, almost.

"(Y/N) stop being so rude to me." I rolled my eyes to him.

"Am not being rude."

"Tsundere." He laughed at me.

I shook my head and went after the team that was disappearing to watch other games. I head them talking about heights.

"So what's the deal." I asked from Chiyoko.

"They are playing against a team that has over six and half foot tall player." I got shivers on my back.

"I feel bad for Hinata." I said. Chiyoko patted me on my back.

"Hinata will beat him. Don't worry." Then she started to laugh. "But imagine Ne next to him. She is like what? 142 cm tall and that guy is over two meters." I imagined the picture and also started to laugh.

"Oh gosh. That would be horrible." We started to get ready to go on the court. We took balls and started to throw them when the basic warm ups started.

"What's the idea of warm up even after a game? Don't you lose strength with it?" Chiyoko shook her head.

"No you don't. It's not that long time." She set the ball forwards for the players. "Yams! Watch out!" He bend down just in time before the other team player killed him with the ball.

"Whew. I thought he was going to die. I don't want my cute kōhais to go heaven at this age." She then turned to me." Have you thought about of being libero?"

"Yes. I want to join. But I cannot come today. I have "date"." I said.

"Don't worry, we have practice every day." I then walked after Yachi and Kiyoko to second floor.