12• Talk to me kindly

"Lou, your turn to check under the stage to see if any mice have been caught." Max calls. I groan out and look over my shoulder.

"Fuck no, send Frankie!" I groan out.

"Frankie isn't here today, plus he always does it. I need a new person under there!" Max orders.

"Out of everyone on staff today, you ask me!?" I fire back. He looks up from the floor speaker and shakes his head.

"See, I'm not asking, I'm telling!" He stated clearly. I honestly don't even know why I put up with this shit. My photography gig can get me a long way. I have a few other things I could do, but I'm not at my low yet. I push those thoughts away and sigh. I grab the back creeper and place it on the floor and lie on it. Grabbing my flashlight out of my fanny pack to inspect the dark, dirty, uncomfortable stage. I have to slide further under, to look for the traps.

This should be Frankie's job because the dumbass is the only one who know where he set the traps specifically. I glance around, scared something is going to jump out and bite the shit out of my face.

"Hey!" Someone kicks my leg which makes me go nuts. I jump too quickly and hard that my flashlight falls onto my face and cuts my lip.

"Shit!" I yell loudly. I quickly pull myself out from under the stage. Who's the dumbass that pulled this stunt! Once I'm able to see my surroundings, my eyes lock with Jivney. She narrows her eyes at me and rolls them.

"Your package was delivered here, sign!" She demands as she pushes the clipboard into my face. My eyes lock in on her eyes, for a good few minutes. Then they scan down her body, head to shoulders to knees to toes. She looks beautiful, as always. I see she's wearing a crop top today. Her belly ring exposed. God I have so many good memories with that bell ring. I just want to pull her into me and take her in the back.

Why did I screw it up. I mentally slap my forehead. She waits patiently for me to sign the clipboard. I reach for the pen, purposely grabbing her hand in mine. She quickly pulls away and let's her hand fall to her side. I grunt out disappointedly. I take the clipboard and forge my name.

"Your lip is bleeding by the way." She hands me the box and prepares toward the exit. I touch my lip and stare down at my finger. It's indeed blood.

"Wait Jivney !" I call.She stops in her tracks. I glance up at the guys and all of their eyes are set upon us. I grow a bit uncomfortable knowing half the staff know about what happened between the two of us. I don't really care that they know, I just hate they're always whispering about it like little bitches. This staff have majority men on it. For some sexist reason. (Trust me I discuss it with Max all the time. He tells me he isn't sexist, he actually supports the LGBTQ community. He's a fucking asshole.) And all they do is gossip!

"Can we please talk?" I whisper in a pleading manner. Call me desperate, call me stupid, call me anything, but I know Jivney and I know this is most likely killing her just as much as it's killing me.

"I have things to do!" She grunts out and continues toward the exit. I pause for a second. I really messed up. I messed up so bad that I don't think it can be fixed. I ball my fist in my side. I'm so stupid. I slowly turn around, feeling everyone's eyes still on me!

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ALL STARING AT!" I yell angrily and loudly.

"Lou go outside and take a breather!" Max calls out. I turn to him annoyed with a scrunched up face. Who the fuck does he think he's talking to! I hate when he tries to control me and act like a father figure. I'm a grown fucking woman.

"Shut up talking to me Max." I ignore him.

"Lou, outside now! Before you do or say something you'll regret!" He demands. I freeze in my spot and clench my fist. I just want to pound his fucking face in. Hop on that stage and smash his face into the ground. I toss the flashlight and storm out the exit.