18• Hey You

"I heard what you did!" Jessie says as she approaches my desk, bringing me a green tea and kale mixture from Jamba Juice.

"Did what?" I start to panic, taking the cup and playing with the straw nervously. If Lou told people, I swear to god I am going to shove my foot up her ass.

"You and Mikah have been going on dates huh? Are you guys dating?" This will actually be my first time seeing Jessie gossip, well try, to gossip like an intrigued female. And while she is female, you wouldn't find her sticking around to hear the latest tea. I sigh in relief.

"Uh-well-uhh, we aren't dating, but we have gone on a few dates," I clarify.

"You should come hang with us later on tonight," she adds. Us? I'm pretty sure if Mikah wanted me to hang out with her and her friends, she would have invited me herself.

"No, it's fine, I have al-"

"El you're a hard worker, so I know all of your work is finished, just come hang with us, it's only going to be a few of us, we're having this movie night thing at my house, we're watching , God Father pt 2, Goodfellas and A Bronx Tale, Di Niro movies baby," she says eagerly. I think on it.

"You're coming, you just have to come," she pleads. I get rid of Bryan dragging me to do things, only for Jessie to do the same, ugh.

"Fine!" I sigh out. She grins excitedly and gives me a thumbs up while leaving.  Just as she leaves I get a text, ironically it's Mikah.

Mike Mike Mike (Mikah): Hey, are you down for a movie date with my friends?"

Okay, so now I have to go.

*******

To tell the the truth, I actually missed Bryan being here with me, being by my side to relax my nerves. I didn't necessarily let Mikah pick me up, I drove, for once. She wasn't here yet, but everyone else was.

"Best Di Niro impression wins five bucks," Jessie calls out. Her girlfriend, Emma attached to her waist, her arm wrapped around Jessie's waist and Jessie's arm clutching her shoulder as she holds a beer in her free hand.

"If we add hand gestures you should add $10," another one of Jessie's friends call out. His name is Ale and he's apparently "down for whatever".

"Sure Almer," Jessie chuckles out, and so the competition begins, them doing there best impressions of the famous actor Robert Di Niro. I however stand back and let the group interact. A set of hands snake around my waist, causing me to jump. I turn quickly only to become face to face with Mikah, her curly burgundy locks sprawled over her head.

"Hey you," I state awkwardly. She chuckles lightly. It's been a while since I've seen her, 4 days maybe. She's gotten a haircut, I know that one.

"Hey you," she replies back.

"How's everything with your friend?" I question, she picks up a beer from the counter and uses something on her key ring to open, she the stares back at me, a weary look in her eyes, almost as if she's drained of that subject.

"He's recovering, " she simply states and I nod.

"I'm going to go talk with Jessie for a bit, I'll be back," she says as she excuses herself. Something is off about her, or maybe it's just me, I honestly don't know. I try mingling, conversing with Goldie about why her name is Goldie. Jessie soon calls everyone to pick a spot on the set up floor facing the screen, that's a white sheet and projector. There's bean bags and rugs for everyone to sit on.

"Hey come sit by me," Mikah motions to her palette like a child during nap time in kindergarten. I make my way on over, and take my seat right next to her.

"Guys theres popcorn and organic pizza Emma and I made on the snack bar, we ordered regular for those who aren't vegans." Jessie throws a wink my way. I chuckle. Apparently it's me, Ale and another guy named Daryl who aren't vegans, the rest of the group are however, vegans.

"You guys already know our recipe, cauliflower, tomatoes, spinach and tofu on top" Emma clarifies.

"Oh and these really good gronola bars we made, it's honey, oats and dark chocolate with dried cranberries," Emma calls out, as she brings the square little bite sized bars on over.

"You look beautiful," Mikah whispers to me. My cheeks rise with a blush. I look pretty simple, I think to myself. A white cashmere sweater and grey ankle capris with my Steve Madden black flats.

"Thanks, you look beautiful also," she wears a simple denim jacket with a red and black checkered button up underneath, a white shirt. Black skinny jeans that are faded a bit and black timberland boots.

"I look like a lumberjack," she whispers back which makes me burst into laughter. Everyone turns to the source of the hideous laugh. I hide behind Mikah in embarrassment, she chuckles at my shyness.

"That was an astounding laugh, did you leave that out on our first date?" She jokes, I know my cheeks are heating up.

"I only save my hideous laughs for the fourth date," I whisper back. She raises an arched eyebrow, intrigued yet amused.

"This is our fourth date?" I realize what I said and become nervous all of a sudden.

"I- I mean, only if you want it— t-to be," oh how much I missed that stuttering thing I do. It isn't embarrassing at all.

"No, what I'm saying is that I lost count already on how many we went on," She says scooting over towards me, her thighs touching mines and her hands interlocking with mine. Fourth date it is, and we are up close and personal, yay. I mention to myself.

"I'm going to let go of your hand, not because I want to but because my hand is becoming very sweaty," she chuckles and I smile, releasing her hand which was indeed sweaty, but I didn't mind. I tell her I'm going to get a few snacks and she nods, while asking can I bring her another beer and a slice of pizza.

I grab those things, feeling a presence beside me, I turn to look at Jessie.

"You guys are so cute, holding hands and shit," she grins and I roll my eyes. Since when did Jessie care so much about my love life? I guess it's because it's with her friend. She's totally high schooling me about this whole thing.

"Thanks Jess," I chuckle lightly.

"So are you guys dating?" She questions curiously. I shake me head.

"No, we've only been—"

"I know 3 dates, this will make your 4th one right?" I nod, see, she's been keeping up with our date count.

"You guys are the new goals of the group, we're all also betting on you guys," she adds quickly which makes me quickly glance at her.

"You're what!?"

"Yeah, on how long until y'all make it official, I got 2 weeks from now, Ale has 1 week and a half, Emma say 3 days, for some odd reason, Goldie says 1 week—"

"You all are betting on us, wow," I say astonished. Jessie chuckles and nod.

"I got a feeeeeling," she sings, making a Black Eyed Peas: I Gotta Feeling, references. She then salutes her beer bottle towards me. I glance over at Mikah who smiles at me. Oh boy. I think to myself and decide to take me a beer, or two.

"Shame on you!" I murmur towards her and she continues to sing.

"You guys are going to be the new power couple, topping off Emma and I, oh boy how great that is," she smiles mischievously and makes her way back to the movie.