10•Mind your business

"Although we all have our special likings within the bedroom, sometimes we try to stimulate that sex drive urge with different positions that may be our favorite down the road," Bryan mock me in a sassy annoying voice. He's reading my article. He does this every time I get a good feedback from Gia.

"You sound like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex in the City." He teases.

"I sound like I'm writing a article that involves something I'm not an expertise in!" I grunt out as I scroll through my magazine feed.

"Oh shush, just a bit of mocking," he chuckles and spins around in the chair. He's been frustrating all day. Sometimes I regret even starting up that conversation with him my first day.

"You always mock me and sometimes it's not even," we both turn to stare as a guy calls for my name.

"Excuse me miss, is there a Elgrid Castle on this floor?" A flower delivery guy stands there with a bouquet of flowers and walk over to me. What is he doing. A smiles flashes on his lips as he approaches me.

"Ms.Castle?" I gulp and nod slowly. I can feel everyone's eye, in the office, on me. I know everyone is going to be gossiping and saying, "the girl that never gets "play" finally got some "play"" but I didn't!

"Special delivery. Sign here," he shoves a clipboard into my hands and I quickly forge my signature. He hands me a card and walk away.

"OUUUUUUUO!" Bryan yells as everyone slowly pulls their eyes from me. There's an eruption of whispering and it makes me highly uncomfortable. I make eye contact with Emily and she smirks. Why!? Now she's about to go around telling people a load of bull crap.

"Who is it from!?" He question enthusiastically while throwing in a squeal. I turn to him agitated. Can I breathe first? He steps away and puts his hands up defensively.

"No but seriously, open it!" I sigh and began to open the envelope.

Took me a lot of asking around to get to you, but with the help of my trusty friend, Jessie, I've found you and I'm asking will you go on a date with me? Text me your response...(I reallaaay hope my feelings don't get hurt😅)
—Mikah

She left her number and I stare hard at the digits.

"Who the hell is Mikah?" Bryan questions as he looks so closely over my shoulder. I didn't tell him about my make out session with Mikah because I didn't want him to tease me about it, as he always does. Jennifer, one of my lousy coworkers, casually makes her way over to my desk with a smirk on her face.

"Nice flowers Elgrid, any new love interest?" She raises an eyebrow. Everyone in this office knows Jennifer is jealous of everyone if they are shown any attention or given anything out of the ordinary.

"No, not really." I state bored of her already. What was her purpose in walking over to my desk!?

"Hmm," She says bitterly and walks away. See, endless purpose of coming over here. Bryan eyes her with a scrunched up face. He truly hates her, like on a whole other level of hating.

"She just needs to die already," Bryan says and I slap his arm. Wow Bryan, just wow. I don't know why that cease to amaze me when he says anything out that mouth of his.

"So who's Mikah?" He questions again, not leaving this topic alone. I really want him to drop it because it isn't any of his business. I know we're friends, but I don't need to tell him everything that goes on in my life.

"No one, mind your business!" I snap and close the card. He snatches it out my hand and eyes it.

"Honey, you are my business." He mutters and reviews the card and then the flowers.