25• What about Corey?

"That's the 5th bouquet this week, looks like your girlfriend is showing you plenty of attention," Amber adds. I nod bitterly. Bryan pulls the card from the flowers and reads it.

"I miss you, a lot," he says. I snatch the card and rip it.

"Hey Amber, happy birthday," I say sliding her the flowers. She stares at me weirdly. Her perfectly drawn eyebrows raised with concern.

"But my birthday passed three months ago," she says. I shrug my shoulders and push the flowers closer. She sniffs them and smiles.

"Happy belated birthday then," I smile bitterly. She thanks me and takes the flowers and walk away.

"Are you okay?" Bryan soothes, rubbing my shoulder.

"Peachy," I grit out. He fixes his mouth to say something, but we're interrupted by Gianni's assistant.

"Gia-Gia's back and shes pissed. She wants to speak with you both." Bryan looks at me and I look at
Bryan. It's been a week since that very unfortunate situation at the Runway. She left that night for a conference in Europe and she's just returned and she apparently has a few words for us. Both Bryan and I rise.

We're like two children who were being disobedient and now has to face mother. She sits and talks on her phone, as always. We enter through the glass doors and she motions for us to sit.

We sit at the same time, crossing our right leg over our left.

"Okay, bye bye now love," She says to the person on the other end of her cell. She then makes a kissy sound and hangs up.

"Bryan, Elgrid," she calls, giving us her full attention now. Patience seeps in her voice, as tension rise in the room. We're in deep shit now. Feels like being called to the principals office all over again. Even though I only been called once as a kid.

"Gia," I say.

"Gianni," Bryan says. She stares at us both. She folds her hands, takes a swallow and begins to speak.

"I know there were a few mishaps at Tuesday's Gala, a lot of people weren't too happy about that. TMZ even called the scene a clipping from Real housewives of LA or some sort, it was a very unprofessional cause of disturbance that I will like to not happen again," she speaks.

"Trust us, it will not happen again," I state. She nods.

"Oh trust me, I assure it won't because Bryan, your permanent seat at head table is being removed, and I'll have to think twice on writing that letter of recommendation to that corporation in San Francisco," she adds.

"Wait what! The point of having a permanent seat at the table is that it stays!" He defends aggressively.

"Not if someone like me has the power to take away that privilege." She adds back. It was a "burn" moment. Good comeback Gia, good comeback.

"This is not fair!" He fires back.

"The embarrassment you two caused wasn't fair, to me and Voré's name!" She fires back, slamming her fist onto her desk. Bryan lowers his voice and fixes his tie. Sinking into the chair.

"As for you Elgrid, you won't be the publisher for our headlined stories for awhile, you will also be removed from the head table." So what the hell am I suppose to do!? Just show up to work.

"You will shadow Jessie, so therefore you will go to photo shoots with her, run coffee errands with her and also help with other things your co-workers will need assistance in until that privilege is granted back to you. Do we have a clear understanding of things?" She glances at us both. We both nod.