(•_•)...9...(•_•)

Draco's POV

Hermione has been acting mental since we left the Headmistress's compartment. Nevertheless, I did as she said and stepped out of the compartment so she could change. Once she'd gotten dressed, the compartment door slid open and she stepped out.

As I entered the compartment, I reached for my minimized trunk and reestablished it's original size. My non-house specific robes laid on top of everything and I quickly got dressed.

"Wingardium leviosa." The trunk lifted itself back to the rack near the top of the compartment.

I pulled the door and let Hermione back in. She sat across from me and stared out the window. I followed suit until I heard a small gasp escape her mouth.

"Your robes. They aren't Slytherin," she breathed, staring at the empty spot where the house crest would usually be. "Are you getting resorted?"

Her eyebrows furrowed and she tilted her head to the side just slightly, in worry.

"Yeah... Since I'm coming back as an exchange student, I have to be resorted. Why?"

"Are you nervous?" she stared down at her hands, fiddling with her thumbs.

"Well no. I haven't really thought about it. Obviously I'll be put into Slytherin, right? I don't belong in any of the other houses. I mean, I'm not brave like Gryffindors. I'm not very clever or creative either like Ravenclaws. And I'm sure as hell not friendly and patient. I have to be a Slytherin."

She muttered something under her breath but quickly proceeded to continue the conversation.

"Well maybe, Draco." She looked away and shook her head, scolding herself. "You have to stop letting me call you that. Your name is Taviyis."

The train came to a stop as she was speaking and she got up and left the compartment directly after she finished speaking. I hurriedly grabbed my trunk and raced after her down the narrow corridor between the compartments.

A bunch of students looked at me with weird expressions and only then did I remember that I wasn't myself. I pushed past everyone and finally caught up with her.

I grabbed her arm and was preparing to ask her what was wrong but she stared at me, and if looks could kill I would have been a dead man walking.

"Let go of me, Avi," she spoke through her teeth, sternly, "You have to ride with the first years anyway. See you in the dormitories."

She ripped away from my grip and headed toward the thestral carriages. Despite my want to follow Hermione, I followed the first years and found Hagrid patrolling. He seemed to know who I was and guided me as to how this whole thing would work.

He spoke of how the sorting hat would call out Taviyis Renfro, joked about how I'd obviously be put in Slytherin. After the sorting I'd retreat to the disabled dormitories.

I sat on the last departing boat with Hagrid and took in the beauty of the castle. Ooh's and ah's came from all the first years in the boats in front of us.

I had almost forgotten how beautiful the castle actually was. So much of it was ruined by my mental childhood and I never fully took in its beauty. The boat ride lasted longer than I would've liked, but we got to the the dock and the students filed into the corridor outside of the Great Hall.

Professor Flitwick was waiting to guide us into the hall for the sorting ceremony, as McGonagall did on my first day. The considerably short first years stared around in awe.

Finally, we were able to enter the hall for the sorting and I couldn't help but notice my pulse start to elevate.

I'm not nervous. I can't be. Malfoys don't get nervous. I have to be put in Slytherin, right? I have to! There's no where else I belong! Yeah. Slytherin is where I belong.