Big News

Marth's POV

I walked until I reach the entrance of the building, looking like a throne room. By the doors I could see a carriage, I didn't think someone would travel in that here.

"Am I supposed to be here?" I asked coming close to someone.

They opened the door and inside I saw my father and Caeda, "Oh..."

"Oh? I think you know how to greet someone Marth," My father said stepping out of the carriage and I helped Caeda out.

"Sorry, I didn't expect you to visit at all so I'm just surprised."

"Then expect it from now on, now where can we stay to talk?"

"I don't think we need to go anywhere for that."

"Marth, this is important if it wasn't your sister would have visited instead."

"Oh because you're so busy with other important things and you've only come out lecture me on this decision of mine?" He gave me a look, "I'm sorry, I'll show you both."

I quietly scolded myself and started walking elsewhere to show them part of a courtyard where there was an open place to sit and talk. Hardly anyone ever came out there. I let them sit and waited for one of them to say something.

"I know you have made a decision to be here and compete and I understand with it comes it's perks but, I'd like to offer you something."

"And what would that offer be?"

"I know you are becoming older and are capable of more so, I think you should step up and take the throne."

"The throne?" I repeated after him, in shock from what I had just heard. "You want me to step up?"

"Yes, I think it would be good for you to step up, since I think now it would come close for me to step off the throne."

"But you still have some time, and what about Elice?"

"She say she would rather not, and she hasn't found someone yet to pursue the throne."

"Neither have I!"

"I presume Caeda means nothing then?"

I looked at her, "No, no, she does but you didn't think we'd both be ready for something like that, did you?!"

"He spoke with me, I understand the circumstances, I agreed and I am ready," She jumped in.

"You are, but I'm not, I don't have that kind of determination for this!"

"Marth, you deserve the throne with Caeda, I am giving this to you and it is yours when you come home before this whole tournament."

"You're saying that my decision with this isn't important?"

"I think the throne is more important, it's your kingdom, your home."

"I know it's my home, but I would have appreciated if you gave me a chance after this whole thing took place, I think you would have enough time to wait even two months!"

"Marth, you're overreacting about this whole thing."

"You're right, let me just think about it then, you both know the way out; father, Caeda," I said taking a bow and walking out myself.

"Marth!" I heard my father call out.

Of course I'm upset about the while situation here. He suddenly had to come and visit only to tell me I had to come home just to marry Caeda to step up into the throne. I didn't want to be rude and say that I didn't like her that way, before I did, I guess I still do now. I don't think he should force her into that kind of thing when it could be something better or without my consideration. My kingdom is important but so is this tournament, not only is it to compete but to just prove something. It would be an honour to step up but in the situation, I wouldn't take it.