I Still Trust You

Marth's POV

"I trust that you will make the right decision."

"What if the right one isn't what you want?"

"I still trust that you will make the right one, I don't ever want you to have regret for whatever choice you picked."

"I wish it was as easy as it sounds."

"Even so, I'll be here for you when you've made your choice."

The same conversation came into mind. Talking with someone who was involved within the situation helped ease my anxiety to come up with a decision but it still made me think about their opinion. I wanted to have my own decision but I also didn't want to disappoint anyone with what I chose. I'm a Prince that has to soon look after the kingdom I was raised in; what could I do that benefits both sides? I want to be able to be like my father, a good King. If I make a decision that looks selfish and I become King, what more would I be to the people that look up to our family?

With the tough decision, I went on to continue my own work. The training room wasn't too full which allowed me to practice using my sword a little more. I used the simulation that was available so I couldn't bother anyone else and let them do their own thing. I practiced some new moves that I thought could be useful and some moves that I saw Ike use many times without fail. I thought that if I could copy it for a bit then I would be able to get past the first stage of the tournament easily before I would have to resort to something else.

"I see that you're taking the tournament quite seriously."

I jumped, turning to look at the voice. "Oh, Caeda, what are you doing here?"

"I wanted to see how you were doing since our last conversation."

"I'm apparently working hard for the tournament."

"Well are you leaning towards one side more?"

"Maybe, I just don't know what's the best choice," I sighed.

"Like I've said, don't chose something based on what I want, or even the King," she reminded.

"You can't say anything towards that since you're not in my position."

"But I have been applied to one of the decisions by the King so I think I can."

"What are you really here for, Caeda?"

"I can't support my friend that's struggling with their fate?" She smiled.

"Don't get in my way."

I went back to practicing again as Caeda watched me from one of the benches. I kept my eye on her as I kept practicing, making sure she wouldn't wander off but she kept her eyes on me and smiled. Her gaze made me feel uncomfortable. It felt like she was trying to pierce through me for something. Although she's a kind princess, her persuasion is what I was afraid of. While she helped me and my kingdom, I didn't have any intention of being more than friends with her. At the point where everything happened, I didn't have an interest in anyone or anything, I just wanted a break. She was the only one who kept persisting on many things and wouldn't stop checking up on me, even now.

I noticed I was a little distracted with reminding myself about my relationship with her. Even though my father supports it and is trying to get me to agree with it, I can't do that now or even if he had asked me before. Coming to me to remind me about this and have a decision in the middle of something that it thought I could give my entire focus to. With that, my swings were weak, my parry was late and my movement was slow. I thought that I could just give it a rest and watch over her instead but, I also need to be working as hard as the other people.