Giving Into Temptation

Ike's POV

Every time I was able to be left alone in peace, my thoughts were always filled with recent memories. I felt a little ashamed to be remembering such a private but amazing thing. His expression and the sound of his voice, everything, I wanted more, even after a few days. There was a whole lot I wanted to do but I couldn't just give into that temptation.

"Ike, come back to me!"

"Sorry, my mind is thinking of other things."

"You've been like that for hours, what are you thinking about?"

"Not important."

"I'd like to know, you're kinda slacking now since I don't know; something happened with Marth or what?"

"Nothing besides almost dying in the mansion."

"I heard about that since it's all he talks about and how you were able to get both of you out before you fell into some death pit."

"Why do you want to know anyway?"

"Because you're never this relaxed and I want to know what kind of spell Marth casted on you to make you like this!"

"Come on Link, this is a little odd to ask, can we just keep sparing?"

He groaned before we went back to what we've been doing for quite a while. Since that night, I thought that it was already way more than enough time of relaxing and too much for Marth if we would have kept going. I never thought we would have came to that situation for a good while but it ended up happening and I couldn't get it out of my mind. Link offered up to train with me this time and it was great way to distract my mind but I still couldn't shake it off. It didn't matter what we did but I could keep up with him instead of beating him down quite a lot.

It wasn't that long before many others came to join as they saw I wasn't keeping up like I usually do. At some point I was distracted enough to forget it for a little and get a bit more into training with people which, got very entertaining for me to see them close to giving up. I even helped them all learn something new so they would know something basic instead of just relying on their other abilities. It actually gave them a bit more of a chance to win against me but either way, they didn't think quick enough to catch me off guard and knock me down.

"Ike! I need you for someー"

I looked over wiping the sweat off from my face, "Yeah?"

"Um... Actually, Link, if you don't mind, could you come and help me?"

"Not at all!" I watched as Link took his things and followed Marth out of the training room.

I didn't get a good look at his face but it was a bit red, thinking that he probably needs help because he isn't feeling well. As soon as he showed up I got reminded about the other night. Instead of doing the same thing I let everyone else continue on and went to clean off all the sweat before doing anything. I went off to read a little bit to clear my mind a bit more in the library. I read a few books, mostly in the language that I could read even though everyone came from different places that had different languages. It was nice to look through and entertaining to try and understand that language. It reminded me of back home, how things can be connected within our own different worlds but we all came together to fight and have fun.

The duties that these people postponed to come and do something for themselves. Marth had to encounter the same thing; the King wanting him to go back home for his duties. He didn't want to tell me but I understand that he also needs to do things because of who he is but it would be nice of the King to allow him to have his own kind of time. He was quite upset from it, the look on his face when he would sit in silence, he would just sit there and think about what he had to do. I couldn't imagine myself in his shoes to try and figure out something like that for myself. All I ended up being focused on his helping myself to see how far I can get in their tournament and help everyone else here. With all the time that we had, it just seems like he now has a lot more pressure on him.