Focus On Me

Marth's POV

I had taken more time to focus on what I mostly wanted. The few days were not easy to keep focused on one thing for to long. I was trying to build up some kind of explanation to give my father that would make him understand just what I'm trying to get to him.

"You've improved a lot, and quicky too."

"Well let's say I'm not going to give up, I still find time for other things too."

"Then take on two."

"You? You're terrible, I need somsone who's good."

"Excuse you," Roy sighed, "Link, come help me!"

Link came up and joined Roy and I on the platform. Everyone else had wanted to train more, the tournament starts soon and training later than now would be a lot more harder.

We took our stances until one of us moved to take a strike. Link moved first coming at me head on, faking a strike and aiming at me from the opposite side. I was quick enough to block his sword before he hit me, however, Roy seemed to have found an opening chance and took his swing at my feet. I was taken down but not completely as I used my free hand to push myself against the ground before hitting it allowing me to get back up on my feet. Both of them ran at me but slid under me and swinged at me again completely knocking me off my feet. I quickly stood and jumped back to create some distance between the three of us.

"I have to be honest, you two together aren't as bad as I thought."

"Well, we try," Link spoke out.

This time I took my turn and quickly ran to jump at them, charging my strength into my sword and swinging down at them to create a blast knocking them both back. With that I took another turn to attack Link first, swinging multiple times and hitting him each time. He didn't have time to defend himself and as I took my last swing, Roy came onto me taking a hit at me. I was a bit too late at defending myself that his sword clashed with mine a bit to close having my sword close to my face. I didn't have enough strength in the cirsimstance to fight back and having the odds of me winning.

Link getting his strength back took his sword and pinned it around my neck. With two sword's coming at my face and one around my neck, I'm going to be at my end with this. I tried looking for some opening; their legs. With what I could reach I kicked Roy's legs and jabbed my elbow against Link's knees. That allowed me knock Roy off balance and have Link lower his guard with the sudden hit, that allowed me to knock both their swords out of their hands and attack. I got the upper hand and pinned them both down on the ground.

"I win," I said pointing my sword at them both.

"Not until you take on Ike," Roy sneered.

"That's quite impossible, I would rather beat you and anyone else multiple times instead."

"Yeah, yeah, thanks for the help Link, you put up a good fight."

"It's a good use of time, I'll see you both later," Link said getting up taking his sword and his leave.

I helped Roy up giving him his sword, "How about you fight Ike then?"

"And risk getting killed? No thank you," Roy brushed himself off.

"Well then don't tell me to risk that myself."

"I would when you've suddenly gotten better in such a short time, I would say."