10

Eric.

I drove her home silently as my mind played every possible thing that could go wrong.
My girlfriend was a very understanding person, but I knew how jealous she could get. I see how moody she gets when a girl tries to flirt with me. How could I possibly explain to her why Danielle needs to stay with me?

"Why are you so quiet" Danielle mutters and I realized she had been staring at me.

I clear my throat.

"Nothing. Just thinking" I said.

"Well your thinking is taking too long. And I'm bored." She said pouting.

"Well we are almost home so relax princess" I said sounding frustrated.

"You are such a bore. I'm going to die of boredom living with you" she retorts.

"You are lying. You love the idea of living with me. You want to live with me so bad" I smirked and looked at her.

She rolled her eyes.

"You wish. I'd be running far away from you once I pass my SATs"

I faked a gasp.

"So you are just using me!" I exclaimed jokingly.

She patted my arms in fake sympathy.

" life's tough like that honey"

I chuckled.

I guess I really was wrong about her. May be living with her wouldn't be so bad.

I parked the car in front of my house. We only had on street parking so I had to park by the side of the road.

"Why are we stopping?" She asked.

I opened my door and got out.

"Because we are home smarty pants" I said and shut the door.

She got out too, and stared at the house closest to where I parked.

I didn't live in a mansion like she did. And I didn't expect her to like how the house looked.

It was old and needed a few repairs here and there, but we hadn't gotten enough money to fix it.
It had a small porch at the entrance the wood with which the porch was built looked like they were rotten.

Her eyes widened as she stared at the little house.

"You can always go back home if you feel you can't live here" I was getting irritated with the way she stared at the house.

She looked at me and narrowed her eyes.
"Not a chance" she muttered and walked ahead of me to the front of the house.
I sighed and followed her.

My mum was sited in the living room when we entered the house.

"Hey Mom''

" Hey Eric, how... Who is your guest?" She asked raising an eyebrow.

Here we go.

I knew what was on her mind.

And it was that Ana would kill me if she saw Danielle here.

" Mom this is Danielle. Remember the girl I am tutoring. We decided it was best for her to live with me for a while before her exam so I could help her concentrate on studying " I explained uncomfortably.

"Oh"

my mom was still looking surprised. She stared at Danielle as if she had three legs.

It didn't help that Danielle was dressed in tiny jean shorts and a big T-shirt which she tied at the waist revealing her belly button.