28

Danielle

After a long lecture from the doctor about the support we needed to give Eric in order to speed up his recovery, and a lot of hugs and kisses from his mother, Eric and I were finally given some privacy.

I hadn't said a word to him since I stepped into the room. He had stared at me with a smile plastered on his face while the doctor spoke, and I had smiled back. We didn't say anything, but our eyes spoke volumes.

I moved closer to his bed, my eyes never leaving his as I approached.

"Hi" I said when I reached him.

"Hi" he said his eyes filled with emotions I couldn't decipher.

"So you are really okay?" I asked with uncertainty.

He smiled, and my heart melted.

"I guess I am"

I nodded "good"

I suddenly raised my hand and smacked him in the arm.

"Ow!" He exclaimed and looked at me with surprise. "what was that for?"

"That's for scaring me shitless. Do you have any idea what you put me through" I cried and wrapped my arm around him gently.

He stiffened at first, then he relaxed and patted my back.

"Sorry for the inconvenience" he said, amusement in his voice.

I chuckled between my tears, and sniffed repeatedly.

"Have I told you I love you?"

" Hmmm. Not frequently enough" he teased.

"Well I do. With every beat of my heart "

His arm tightened around me.

"I love you even more"

----

5 weeks later

Eric was in my room, comfortably relaxing on my bed while I took a shower.
We had spent almost every day together after he was discharged from the hospital. It was like we couldn't bear to be apart longer than a few hours.
I was starting to see why Ana had been so stuck on him.

The guy was simply addictive.

I stepped out of the shower wrapped in my towel, and still wet all over.

Eric looked my way, and sucked in a sharp breath.
"Woman, are you trying to kill me?" He exclaimed creasing his eyebrows.

I giggled.

We had agreed to refrain from sex until I was completely ready.

'I'd wait as long as you want' he had told me. And I believed him.

My father was in complete support of our relationship.
He had hated it when Marcus used to spend time in my room. But with Eric, he had no objections.
He treated Eric like his own son.
They got along so well, I sometimes felt like the outsider in our trio. However, I didn't mind at all. They were the two best men in my life.

"Well you knew I was going to step out of the shower at some point. You could have just gone to the living room"
I told Eric,and started to dry myself with a little hand towel .

He stood up from the bed and approached me.

His eyes moving from my face to my chest, and down my legs.

I felt hot all of a sudden.

He stopped only a few inches away from me, his eyes fixed on my face now, then muttered.