22

Danielle

Jack called me every single day after our meeting at the library.
He was actually a really nice and funny guy.
We talked about a lot of things and I told him a lot about myself.
Even personal stuff.
He made me laugh and sometimes even made  silly sexual jokes.

However , sometimes I exaggerated my response to his jokes by laughing excessively when Eric was within hearing range, just to piss him off.

"I knew he was going to be a distraction. He calls you like five times every single day" Eric stated angrily.

I was relaxing on the couch, flipping through TV stations. We had just got back from the library, and I had just taken a call from Jack.

"Stop exaggerating Eric. He only calls me like three to four times a day" I said with a sweet innocent voice.

Eric's frown deepened.

"Besides, I never take his calls during lessons. You know my phone is always switched off during lessons" I added quickly.

"Doesn't matter. He is a distraction and he needs to put a stop to these incessant calls. I would talk to him about it"

I rolled my eyes.

Typical Eric. Always feels he had the right to control people's lives.

"Well, good luck with that" I said nonchalantly.
I tossed the remote to the side and got up since I was unable to find something interesting to watch.

"I gotta go take nap. I'd be in my room if you want me" I said with a yawn.

His head snapped up to look at me and when I met his eyes, I realized he was reading a different meaning to my statement.

" -To come for more lessons" I added quickly.

He still stared at me with that intense expression and I realized I hadn't made things better with my other statement.

"I'd just go" I said and rushed to my room before he noticed my blush.

I was being ridiculous.

Why the heck was I blushing?

The way he was staring at me, that's why!

Why did he have such effect on me?

He had no right to affect me this way!

I slammed the door to my room shut and slumped on my bed with my face in my pillow.

"Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" I groaned into my pillow.

My phone rang at that moment.

It was Jack.

We had just spoken for the fourth time today thirty minutes ago.

Guess he did call me more than four times in a day.

"Hey Jack"

"Hey goddess. Whatchu doing?" He said with a deep sexy voice that would have turned most girls on.

" Nothing. Just in bed, about to take a nap" I replied.

"Hmmm. In bed uhn? What are you wearing?" He teased.

I rolled my eyes.

"Pervert" I joked, and he chuckled.

There was a brief awkward silence.

Then he cleared his throat.

"Danielle, the real reason I called back was because I wanted to ask you something. Something I've been too chicken to ask for a while now"
His voice was suddenly serious, and I sat up on my bed immediately.