20

Danielle

Three weeks had passed since I last saw Eric. Three weeks since he saved me and then completely broke me.
Three weeks after he walked out of my life forgetting his promise to help me.

I had cried.
For days, I had just stayed in my room and cried, coming out only when my father called for me.
After a while, my sadness turned into anger.

I was angry with myself for falling in love so easily.
For not realizing that no matter how wonderful my friendship with Eric seemed, he would never truly accept me completely.
No matter how much I thought I had changed for the better. I was still the spoiled over pampered girl he could never fall for.

I was so mad at Eric for being so sweet to me and making me trust him completely, fall for him deeply,and then turning around to rub my faults in my face!
For giving up on me so easily when I thought he was the only person who could help me achieve this goal. For promising to be there for me , only to run away when I was most vulnerable.

However,

He had saved me.

I was so grateful for that . I told him I didn't mind being just friends. I didn't mind if he didn't love me back as long I still got to spend time with him.

Then he had to go and kiss me and make my world spin!

What a jerk!

And then he left.

He left and I hadn't heard a word from him in three weeks.

It was over.

He wasn't coming back.

I had to accept that.

Besides, He was an overly uptight, narcissistic, moron!

I shouldn't want anything to do with him.

I should hate him and never want to see him again!

Then why the hell couldn't I stop thinking about him.
Why the hell did I miss him so damn much!

It didn't take this long to get over Marcus! What was wrong with me?!

I had decided I'd go to Eric's house today.

No, not to visit him. It was just that

I still had my things at his house.

I had some important things I needed back. Like the photo of my Mom for example.

Part of my mind whispered-
You are only going there because you miss him and want to see him right?

"No! Wrong! I just need my things! They are important things" I told myself

Then why don't you send a servant to go help you get them then?

"Well because.... because they don't know everything I have there" I affirmed to my talking mind.

Well sure. Keep telling yourself that

My stupid mind wouldn't just shut up!

I groaned and grabbed a big bag. Dressed in a small T-shirt and shorts, with my hair tied in a ponytail, I rushed out of my room, down the stairs and headed out of my house.

I met my dad in the doorway.

He was just coming in.

He had been very worried about me these few weeks. He noticed my mood and panicked thinking it was PTSD from my abduction, and wanted to call a psychiatrist. I had reassured him that it wasn't.
He had asked what was wrong. I told him Eric and I had a fight and he was not going to be tutoring me anymore.
He asked more questions about what happened and I just told him not to worry about the details.