12

Danielle

It had been a month since I started living with Eric.

It was one month of sweetness and torture.

Sweet because Eric was the sweetest guy ever.

He made breakfast for me everyday. He also drove us to the Laundromat where we did our laundry once a week.
However he did most of the laundry work, while I just sat and distracted him with random talk.

It was like he didn't want to bother me with any chores. However he made sure I studied like my life depended on it.

He was so different from who I judged him to be a month ago.
He was funny, smart, and had a very good heart.

He was also so gorgeous!

I found myself staring at him whenever I found him shirtless around the house.

"I know I'm hot, but stop staring at me. It's creepy" he would joke and I would laugh so much and throw playful insults at him.

I found my self liking Eric more and more as the days went by. His intelligence when he tutored me, his charm when he cooked like a pro, his sense of humor and ability to make me laugh so much. Even his voice was unique.

I loved everything about him, and so here comes the torture part.

Ana showed up at his place at least twice a week, and some times even slept over.

I would sometimes walk in on them kissing or doing more than kissing in the living room and I would run back to my room, my heart pounding with jealousy and tears threatening to fall.
I didn't know how much of this I could take before I finally broke.

I was falling in love with Eric and it was driving me insane.

I couldn't tell him because then I'd risk losing him as a friend.

He was my best friend and I didn't want to lose him.

I had spoken with my father several times and even visited my home twice in the past month. We had settled our differences, and he apologized profusely for the wrong strategy he took in trying to correct me.
I told him we still had a lot of things to talk about, but we would do that after my exam, once I move back into the house.

My father was surprisingly okay with me staying with Eric.
He said he trusted Eric so much and knew he wouldn't 'touch me'.

Not romantically that is.

Well what if I want him to touch me dad?
Uhn?

Eric being the goody goody that he was, swore to my dad that he didn't have any romantic intentions towards me and that he would make sure I concentrated on my studying and nothing else.

Well,

bummer.

I sat on the floor of my room

Meditating.

My eyes were shut and I was sited in a yoga sitting position.
I was busy 'uhmmming' like a monk when I heard my door open.

It was freaking 7am! Can't a girl have her private time.

I knew it was Eric because he never knocked before coming into my room.