C.2

I sat against the wall as they all contemplated what exactly to do with me in another room. I just sat with my earbuds in, humming along with my music while I read some shit.

"I'm a moonwalker. I'm like MJ up in the clouds, I know it sounds awkward. I'm filthy as charged, filthy as charged..." I began to sing along softly, not really able to hear myself, and moved my head along.

"And if you're night crawling, with him, I won't take it lying down. I've got a few lawyers, and you're guilty as charged, guilty as charged. We could be waltzing. But darling, don't be throwing shade now. Don't call me Saint California if you're at another altar, just gimme your vows, gimme your vows, yeah. You can't take me anywhere, anywhere. You can't take me anywhere, anywhere. I'm still uninvited, I'm still gonna light it, I'm going insane and I don't care." I paused for a moment to hum the beat before the chorus.

"Dancing, dancing, dancing's not a crime unless you do it without me. Unless you do it without me. Oh, dancing, dancing, dancing's not a crime unless you do it, do it, do it do it do it without me." I kept nodding my head, then decided I was uncomfortable, so I slid my bra straps down and off my arms, then reached under my shirt to take it off.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked and I looked over, slipping my earbuds out and saw they had returned.

"Just taking my bra off." I shrugged, then folded it and set it by my hoodie.

"Why?" Tony asked and I paused the music on my phone and swiped out of the tab.

"Why? Oh, right. You're male. Well, long story short, they hurt. Sure, they look pretty, but they fucking hurt. I'm not gonna be sitting here for God knows how long with these tight ass wires crushing my ribs. That ain't gon happen." I gave him a look, and they stared at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Where are you from?" Steve asked. "You're American, but where in America?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Why?"

"Just, the way you talk..."

"What about the way I talk?" I arched my eyebrow.

"Probably somewhere down South..." Tony hummed to him.

"Fucking northerners..." I grumbled, sitting back again.

"Okay, let's not get into that." Bruce sighed.

"Just saying, I'd love to see her try to survive winter." Tony shrugged, and I stared over at him.

"Yeah? Let's take your pasty white ass down and see how you fare in the summer." I got up just to laugh in his face. "At least in the winter, I can put on more layers. In the summer, what are you gonna do? Take your skin off? You wouldn't last two days." I grinned.

Tony opened his mouth to argue back, but Natasha shut him up. "Tony, don't even. Besides, Yankee or not, I'd like to see you even try to survive winter in Russia." She crossed her arms.

"Snap. Damn. Look at her bringing up points." I grinned, and the two Asgardians looking on in amusement. "Anyway, what's up?"

"We've decided to keep you a while, in the cage. Sorry, but we're not certain if you're harmless or even a threat yet." Steve said.

"And I'm guessing my word doesn't mean a thing?" I asked, crossing my arms and leaning my side on the glass.

"Not yet, at least." He gave me a hopeful smile.

"Alright. Well, I'm gonna need some things, then. Hey, Bruce, c'mere." I nodded.

"Why me?" He asked, but came forward anyways.

"Because you have seven PhD's, and I'm trusting you to be the most understanding." I said, and he looked a little surprised at me.

"Oh. Okay. What do you need?" He asked.

"You wanna write this down? I mean, it's a short list, only four things, but still." I asked, and he shook his head.

"I'll remember."

"Alright. Well first, birth control. I've been on it for years, and I think you know what's going to happen if I suddenly stop taking it." I said and he nodded. "Next, Wellbutrin XL, same deal. And make sure it's the XL, cos there's one without the XL. I'm on the XL." Bruce nodded again.

"Cool. Next, albuterol sulfate, an inhaler. In case my airways decide to close on me and kill me." I shrugged, giving a small smile. "Finally, unrelated to medicine, an outlet of some sort. Like an extension cord of some sort maybe? And I guess a phone charger, too."

"Got it." He nodded.

"Thank you. You're the best." I gave him a genuine smile.

"Okay, the medicine I get, but why the outlet?" Tony asked.

"Because I can promise you if my phone dies, I will become so bored, and thus, so annoying." I said, rolling my head to look at him.

"Good point. Doc, you get the meds. I'll get the cords." He then nodded, making me smirk happily.