C.25

Thor apparently took my advice and escaped with Hulk, who I hoped was Bruce at this point.

Grandmaster was announcing that his Champion was missing and that the Lord of Thunder took him.

Loki wasn't too disturbed until we were summoned before the Grandmaster, and went to see him, the Valkyrie right beside us.

"I'm upset!" Grandmaster whined as we approached. "I'm very upset. You know what I like about being upset? The blame. Right now, that's the mindset that I'm in. And you know who I'm blaming? I'm-"

"Grandmaster, I can-" Loki started, but Grandmaster cut him off, and I just kept my head down. Topaz tried to hand him the melt stick and he just scolded her for a moment, and I tried to keep my sighs inaudible.

"Where was I? My precious Champion has come up missing, and it's all because of that Lord of Thunder. It's all because of him." Grandmaster stared at the three of us. "Your brother. Whatever the story is. Adopted, or complicated, or you know. I'm sure there's a big history."

It was hard not to laugh at that, but I somehow kept myself together.

"And your contender." He pointed at the Valkyrie.

"My dear friend, if you were to give me twelve hours, I could bring them both back to you. Alive." Loki said, and I raised my head.

"I could do it in two." Valkyrie said, and I pressed my lips together tight, biting back any and all emotion.

"I could do it in one." Loki then tried again.

"Let's stop there." Grandmaster said, and Loki and Valkyrie gave each other looks. "You know what? I woke up this morning thinking about a public execution. But for now, I'll settle for this sweet little uh, 'who's gonna get him first?'" He grinned.

"So, you're on the clock." He waved us away, and we turned and walked out.

"What have you done?" Loki asked.

"I don't answer to you, Lackey." Valkyrie said.

"I wasn't asking you, but since you answered, I will ask. What have you done?" He said, then shook his head. "It's Loki."

"She knows. She just thinks she's tough shit." I grinned. "Rebel Valkyrie. I actually like her." I smiled back at her, seeing her frozen in shock.

"How did you know that?" She asked.

"Anael knows the future. But, you're a Valkyrie? I thought all them had died gruesome deaths." He hummed, and she pulled a knife, so I stepped in.

"Ah ah ah. We're not going to do that." I gave them both looks.

"I'm terribly sorry. Must be a very painful memory." Loki said and touched her head, and I didn't stop him in time.

Mere seconds later, she came back and punched both of our lights out.

I woke up with a groan, working my eyes open, and looked around and saw us in the Valkyrie's room, Loki next to me, both of us in chains.

"Fucking great." I sighed.

"Could be worse." Loki hummed next to me, already awake.

"How?" I looked over at him.

"Not sure, but I for one am very happy to find out how you look in chains. Even if you are fully clothed..." He grinned, and I rolled my eyes, looking away to hide my blush.

I then moved my arms a little and grinned, letting out a little laugh.

"What?" Loki asked.

"I have an advantage over you here." I smirked, and peeked behind me to see how the chains were held up.

"What's that?" Loki asked as I began to wiggle out of the chains, them just sliding down to my hips, freeing my arms.

"Smaller body." I said, undoing the ones around my feet so I could stand and slide them completely off.

"Well, are you going to undo me, too?" Loki stared at me. I spotted my phone on the table and slipped it back in my pocket.

"I was going to... but now that you mention it, you look pretty good in chains yourself." I gave him an evil little grin.

"Anael, no." He groaned, and I chuckled before I placed a kiss on his neck and leaned over to figure out how to get him out of them, as his chains were tighter than mine were.

But the door slid open and a bottle crashed on the wall beside my head, making me make a high pitched noise in surprise and cover my head.

"Surprise." Loki simply said, and I turned and glared.

"Don't fucking do that!" I snapped at the Valkyrie.

"How did you get out of your chains?" She asked as she walked in with Thor and Bruce.

"I've been a prisoner the last few months. I've become good at finding ways out." I shrugged, and they walked in. Thor took a cup off the table and threw it at Loki, and I smacked it away before it hit him.

"Can people stop throwing things at us? Please? Jesus fuck." I sighed and sat down on the floor, leaning against Loki's legs.

"Just had to be sure. Sorry." Thor said and walked by. Bruce, on the other hand, looked hesitant to come in.

"You're safe, Bruce." I said.

"At SHIELD he wasn't trying to kill anyone. But we're not at SHIELD, so where are you at now?" Bruce asked.

"It varies from moment to moment." Loki said, and I just let my head fall back, as I was already tired of this.