C.33

I woke up the next morning to a sore back, and I gave a soft groan, trying to stretch a little. Loki's hands slid across my skin, still holding me to him. His eyes were closed, but I knew he was awake. So I lied there, letting my thoughts wander.

They wandered to a bad place.

I thought over everyone who would be disintegrated by Thanos soon, and what few survivors would be left. There wasn't much time until half of all life in the universe ceased to exist now.

"Anael?" Loki hummed, and I hummed in response. "Are you alright? You just became a bit... tense, I guess."

"I..." I was about to lie and say I was fine, then I pursed my lips and sighed, resting my forehead on his. "I'm stressed."

"Over?" He asked.

"Over... who doesn't make it." I spoke softly, and Loki went still for a moment, and his eyes opened.

"Does Thor live?" He asked, softer than a whisper, and I nodded. His eyes slid closed again and he sighed in relief, making me smile a little.

I pecked his lips and forced myself out of bed, and tugged on some panties and a T shirt.

"Where are you going?" He asked as I grabbed my phone.

"Kitchen." I hummed, walking down the stairs, ignoring the slight stiffness in my hips. I went in and got myself some Coke in my goblet. I took the whiteboard we got down from the fridge and drew a line down the center, writing down names on each side.

Gamora, Vision, Maximoff, T'Challa, Peter P., Strange, Bucky, Sam Wilson, Peter Q., Drax, Mantis, Groot, Maria Hill, and Fury on one side. Steve Rogers, Tony Stark, Natasha, Thor, Bruce Banner, James Rhodes, Rocket, Nebula, Okoye, M'Baku, and Shuri on the other. The dead and the survivors.

Loki soon came over and looked over the list, his hand rubbing my back slowly.

"How long?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe a few days?" I sighed, and turned and hung it back up on the fridge.

"You forgot two." Loki took the pen and wrote both of our names at the bottom of the survivors list, and I smiled a little, seeing Loki Pitch and Anael Pitch in his handwriting.

"We lived, too." He murmured and kissed my head, arm around my shoulders. "You can't forget that, Anael, my love."

I nodded, and he kissed my head again before we turned away to grab stuff down from the cupboards. I took a quick picture of our names to post later.

I hopped up on the counter with my Coke and posted it with the caption, "He took my name. I'm screaming inside. Send help asap."

I then just decided to watch the likes and comments pour in. A few follows had rolled in the past few days, and I just scrolled through the list of my followers on the Marvel account, scanning for blue check marks.

I knew that both Marvel and Marvel Studios were already following that account, but I guess I wasn't paying attention when the actors began following it too. Seeing RDJ, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland, hell, even Tom Hiddleston now following the Marvel account, I checked up on my personal account, and saw a lot of them were following that one, too.

That's when I inhaled a little too sharply and choked on my drink.

"Are you alright?" Loki looked over at me and I nodded, still staring wide eyed at the screen. "What happened?"

"The actors started following me on the public account I have, which I mean, is fine, and I guess I sort of expected. But a few also followed my personal?" My voice got higher as I spoke.

"I can't tell if that's bad or good." Loki shook his head.

"It's good. It's great. It's a fucking honor." I said, clearing my throat. "It's just really weird because I mean... they're A-listers. Millionaires. I think RDJ might be a billionaire maybe... and they follow me. I'm nobody." I said.

"You're not nobody." Loki shook his head. "You're Anael. I'm sure you've made quite a name for yourself in your reality." He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

I smiled up at him. "You're too nice to me."

"I hope so." He nodded, then kissed me softly. "I love you."

"I love you, too." I smiled, giddy just to know it's true.