C.31

I got an Uber to take us to the dealership I chose. When we walked in, I took his hand as we were lead to the lot to look around while we waited for a dealer to help us out.

"You'll give me your honest opinion?" I asked, phone in my hand with the list of cars just waiting.

"Of course." Loki gave me a look. "What did you have in mind?" He asked, and I pulled him to the SUVs.

"My mom drove one when I was a bit older, and I absolutely loved it." I smiled, showing him the midsize SUVs. "The one I'm specifically looking at is this one." I said, walking over to a black Nissan Rogue.

"But, of course, if it turns out awful, I have a list of other options." I held up my phone.

Loki looked at me with a sort of amused look on his face. "I only just now realized how much you plan things."

"It's really bad. I cannot stop myself." I shook my head and he chuckled and kissed my temple.

The dealer came around soon enough, and he was a pretty nice, quiet guy, helpful enough. He got me in a test drive pretty quickly, and we got in, and I adjusted the seat and mirrors, asking Loki if he had enough space in the back. I remember that the back was quite spacious, but Loki was a bit bigger than I.

He told me there was quite enough space, and before we got on the road, I tested the brakes because sorry, that's important as hell.

It drove as smooth as I remembered it did. Brake time was excellent, everything was just working perfectly. There were cloth seats ("You'll thank me in the summer,"), and it was a couple thousand under the maximum I set for the budget.

"Do you like it? What do you think?" I asked Loki softly.

"I think it's perfect for you." He rubbed my back. "I like it." He nodded, and I smiled.

So I told the dealer we were going to take it, and he looked happy and went to check over the insurance and with our bank. After tons of paperwork, a little less than a hour later, the car was ours.

"That was exhausting." I sighed. "I'm hungry. You hungry?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, actually. That was tiring." Loki nodded, and I chuckled, and drove towards home, but passed it to take him to a nice place in the city. I snagged a parking spot in that free lot, and took his hand and lead him along the sidewalk.

"I'm covering lunch." Loki said, and I opened my mouth, then shut it again.

"I would argue, but I just bought a car. You got lunch." I nodded and heard him chuckle. I lead him in and we got seated by the bar. Loki looked impressed with the interior, which was ivory and dark brown themed, almost black and white, just a little off. Lots of plant decorations and abstract art.

"Is this your hometown?" He asked after we ordered our drinks.

I smiled over the menu at him. "No," I shook my head. "My hometown is across the river and about a thirty minute drive from there."

I then looked at Loki. "And we are not visiting, so don't even think about it."

"Why not?" He asked, and I pursed my lips, quiet for a moment.

"It's... not a good place." I shook my head. "And besides, what are we going to do if another version of me is in this reality, and we run into her?" I let my brows raise.

"Okay, the bit about running into alternate reality you, fair point. But, Anael, you should know that I don't care about something as trivial as whether your hometown is a 'good place' or not." He shrugged.

"I care." I said softly, looking down at the menu before making up my mind. "Hey, if I got some spinach artichoke dip as an appetizer, would you eat some?" I asked.

So we ordered, and I got to thinking again. "So... after lunch, sheets, then groceries?" I hummed.

"I think shopping for bedsheets will be fun." Loki smirked.

"Are you going to be perverted?" I bit back a smirk of my own.

"Definitely." He grinned at me. "Only the best sheets to take you on. Who knows? We could test them out later." He nodded, leaving me a blushing mess.