Part 1- At the Mandap

A short story

Naina fights back

Part 1- At the mandap

Naina: Stop I can't do this marriage anymore.
It's suffocating me, no one asked me how I felt. You just made your own decision.

(Taiji slaps Naina)

Taiji: What kind of a joke is this? Your ruining our family reputation. I don't care what happens, you are marrying Sharad, and that's final.

Naina: But I don't want to marry him, I'm going to be ruining both of our lives, and besides I love Sameer. There I said in front of you all, and I'm not ashamed to say it. No one has noticed my pain, behind this fake smile, so what if we are Aggarwals, your supposed to be supporting me, not trapping me in this darkness, I'm slowly dying, and killing Sameer along with this.

Preeti: Naina is absolutely right, I cannot accept him, as my brother in law. Only Sameer has that right. Taiji your always slapping Naina, but your the biggest villian in thier love story, you can't be right all the time, love just happens, and you can't control it.

Chachaji: Naina, why didn't you tell us? By trust I meant, you could share everything with me, I'm not your enemy.

Naina: I was too scared to tell you, after what had happened to Arjun, so I decided to break up with Sameer. I've hurt him so much, but not anymore, I'm not scared of you guys. Swathi, Preeti come with me, we are going to Sameer's house, to ask his family for our marriage.

(At Sameer's house)

Naina: How are we going to call Sameer outside his balcony?

Preeti: Stupid use the PCO, like how Sameer used to ring you

Naina: But I don't have any change

Swathi: I have some, let's go now

(Inside the PCO)

Naina: The phone rings, and Munna picks it up.
Munna, it's Naina talking, I'm outside your house, can you bring Sameer down please.

Munna: So that means your not married, I'm proud of you Naina, you finally spoke up, Pandit, and I will bring him down.

Sameer: Where are you taking me guys? I don't want to talk to anyone, I've already lost Naina, she is getting married.

Naina: Sameer our love won over my fears, I've told everyone at home, that I only love you, and we've come here to ask your family for our marriage, whatever happens now, I'm always going to be with you.

Naina hugs Sameer, and he is surprised.

Sameer: I'm not dreaming right, someone pinch me. We all began to laugh. You look so beautiful Naina, by the way where did you get this courage from.

Naina: At the last moment, when I was thinking about you, I didn't wanted to add more pain, and look at yourself, you've grown a beard, I don't even recognise you anymore, I actually ran away from the mandap just to be with you.

Preeti: Even I told everyone, no can take Sameer's place as my jijaji, I even taunted Taiji for you.

Pandit: What are you talking about? The great Preeti actually said that. Hats off to you, this was an amazing idea that you three came up with.

Sameer: Naina I knew you would come back to me. I'm sorry for taunting you back then. I love you so much Naina.

Naina: I love you to Sameer, and that taunt was much needed or else I wouldn't have been standing in front of you today. Let's go inside.