Chapter Two

Talia's POV
Alaska 1970

Max and I left that cafe with Alice and Jasper. They led us to their home in Alaska where they lived with 5 other vampires, the Cullens. Carlisle was the father figure, Esme was the mother. Then there was Edward, Rosalie, and Emmett. Carlisle and Esme welcomed us with open arms.

Jasper and I had gotten married in '65, per Carlisle's suggestion.

Alice had told us about their "vegetarian" diet, how they only feed off of animals. I was more than excited to start their diet thing, but it proved to be a lot harder than I thought it would be. A lot harder. Who knew it would be so hard to stop murdering people?

I sat with Jasper on the couch in the living room of our house. Rosalie was helping Esme clean up from Emmett and Max's last wrestling match, they broke a lot of stuff. Edward was sulking like normal, Alice was shopping, and Carlisle was working.

"What do you want to do?" Jasper asked me. I shrugged, "She wants to help clean up her brother's mess," Rosalie said, an annoyed look on her face as she swept up a broken vase. "I told you that you shouldn't let him in the house. He's a safety hazard," I said.

Jasper chuckled, "We're all a safety hazard, darlin'. Him just a bit more than the rest of us," he said. "Actually, him and Emmett are pretty similar," Esme said. Rosalie sighed, "You're right, Talia. We should just get them their own little house. That way they can break whatever they want," she said.

"Really?! We're getting our own house?" Max asked as him and Emmett walked in through the back door. "No," Jasper said, "You can't have your own house. That would end in fire, and we all know it," he said. Max frowned at Emmett, "Do you think it would end in fire?" he asked. "Probably. But you don't know if you don't try," he said with a large smile on his face.

"You're not getting your own house, boys. We'd miss you too much," Esme said patting their shoulders. "Aww, thanks momma," Max said. She smiled at him, "You're welcome. Now you two, clean up the rest of this mess," she said pointing at the floor. They both groaned and Emmett took the broom from Rosalie as she gladly sat on the couch beside me and Jasper, as we all watched them clean up the disaster they created.

~~~

Forks, Washington 2003

We settled into our new house in Washington. Max and I had only been to Washinton once before, in the 20's, but never to Forks. It's just a small town that no one's ever heard of before. But then again, it wasn't to far from Seattle so I had a feeling me, Alice, and Rose would be shopping there often.

I was currently placing all of Jasper's Civil War books on a large bookshelf that was up against the wall in our bedroom. I heard him walk in and stop, but he didn't do or say anything. As I placed the last book on the shelf I sighed, "Ya'know, where I come from it's rude to stare," I said turning around to face him.

He smirked as he walked over and wrapped his arms around my waist, burying his face in my neck. "You're beautiful, you know that darlin'?" Jasper asked. I giggled, "I don't deserve you," I said. He pulled his face away from my neck, "If anything, I don't deserve you. I don't know why you haven't told me to piss off yet," Jasper said with a small smile.

"I would never," I said pecking his lips. "Now, you should help me finish unpacking our stuff, because I can hear Alice coming up the stairs and I guarantee that she wants to take me shopping," I said. He smiled and let me go, walking over to one of the boxes full of all the shoes Alice and Rose made me buy. "Do you really need this many shoes?" he asked.

I was about to say no, but Alice walked in before I could. "Jasper! You can never have too many shoes," he rolled his eyes, "but speaking of shoes, Tali do you want to go shopping in Port Angeles?" Alice asked.

"In Port what?" I asked. "Port Angeles. I'm going shopping for some new clothes and Max agreed to come with me," she smiled. "I did not agree!" Max yelled from downstairs, "She's just making me go," he said. I laughed as Alice rolled her eyes. "Sure Alice, I'll go. Do you want to come with, Jazz?" I asked.

"As much as I enjoy spending time with you, I would rather not go shopping with Alice ever again," Jasper said. "That's fine," Alice smirked, "Me and Talia will just get you new clothes for school, then," she said. "We have to go to school?" I groaned. Alice nodded, "The younger we start out, the longer we can stay," she said. "Fine," I sighed.

"Have a good time, darlin'," Jasper said kissing my forehead. "Yeah, I will. You can finish unpacking our stuff while we're gone," I said. He nodded, a small smile on his face. "Yes ma'am," he said. Alice pulled me out of the room and downstairs, grabbing Max and pulling him along as she dragged us to the car. "Hey, just so you know, I haven't even brushed my hair today. I look like a disaster," I told them.

Alice waved a hand in the air, "You're fine. Just comb through it with your fingers and that'll work for now," she said. I did as she said, wincing as I pulled my hair. A lot. We drove for a while before we finally reached Port Angeles. It wasn't very sunny, which is a good thing because I'm only wearing a t-shirt and skinny jeans.

Alice pulled Max's precious car into the parking lot of a large mall and parked near the front. "I don't understand why you won't ride in any car but your own," I said to Max as we got out. "Simple. My car is better than everyone else's," he said.

Alice smiled as she looked at the huge building in front if us. She clapped her hands together and grabbed our wrists, pulling us towards the doors, "Come on, we have to start shopping if we're getting everyone's school outfits by tonight," she said.

"Everyone's?!" Max and I yelled together.