chapter nine

Talia's POV

I got up off the couch at about 6 o'clock the next morning, after binge watching Harry Potter with Jasper and Alice all night long.

"It's leviOsa not leviosA," Max mocked. "Max, I swear to God if you say that one more freaking time, I'm going to throw you off a cliff," I said. "Come at me bro," he teased smiling. I went to jump at him, but Jasper wrapped an arm around my waist pulling me back to him.

"Now now, Max don't provoke your sister. We all know that never ends well," Esme said. "Yeah, don't provoke me," I repeated. "Come on, darlin', go get dressed," Jasper said. He pushed me towards the stairs and I ran up them and towards our room. I put on a pair of patterned leggings with a black skirt on top of it, a gray sleeveless shirt and tied a knot in the bottom of it, and grabbed a black leather jacket to put over it. I put my gray beanie on my head and pulled on my black combat boots.

"Well don't you just look adorable." I looked towards the door where Jasper was standing, with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. "Why thank you. I try very hard," I told him, grinning. "You don't have to try. It just comes naturally to you," he said wrapping his arms around my waist. "That's because I'm a vampire. I'm supposed to be irresistibly beautiful," I told him matter of factly.

"I'm sure that you were just as beautiful as a human." "I wouldn't count on it," I said turning around in his arms to wrap my own around his neck. "Stop it. You're beautiful no matter what," he said as he placed a kiss on my neck.

"Thank you, sugar," I said kissing his lips. The kiss that was supposed to be kind and innocent, quickly turned heated and needy. And if it wasn't for Rosalie knocking on the door frame and distracting us, I'm sure we probably would have been late to school. If we even went at all, that is.

"We need to go if we don't want to be late," she told us. "Who says we want to go?" Jasper asked burrying his face in my neck and gently nipping at the skin. I giggled and I felt him smile against my neck. She rolled her eyes, "Come on, you know how Carlisle is about us missing school. Especially if he found out that it was for sex." I sighed, "Yeah, yeah. We're coming. We'll be down in just a minute," I told her. She nodded and left the room.

"Come on Jazz. We have to go." "We do? I'm sure Carlisle wouldn't mind us skipping one day of school," he said rubbing his hand up and down over my hip. "As fun as that sounds, we need to go. So come on," I said getting out of his loving arms and pulling him towards the bedroom door. He groaned, but didn't put up much of a fight.

We got downstairs and they were waiting on us. "No morning sex then?" Emmett asked wiggling his eyebrows. "No morning sex," I repeated. Jasper just pouted and remained silent. "Oh poor Jazzy. He was all excited for it too," Max laughed. "Max, leave Jasper alone. He's sexually frustrated," Emmett said laughing too. I smacked the both of them on the back of the head. "Shut up, both of you," I said sternly.

"Alright, I get that you guys just about screwed upstairs, but Jasper if you could stop imagining it, that would be great. Thanks," Edward said with a disgusted look on his face. "Okay, enough sex talk. Get out, go to school. Please," Esme said shooing us all out the door.

I got in to the jeep with Jasper, Emmett, and Rose while Max, Edward and Alice rode in Max's precious Impala. When we got to school, I got out and sat on the hood of the jeep with my legs crossed under me. Jasper moved and stood in front of me. "You know what's going to happen now that you're in front of me, don't you?" I asked. He nodded a small smile on his face. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and climbed on his back. Jasper put his arms under my thighs and held me there. I put my chin on his shoulder and talked to Alice and Rose until the bell rang.

~~~

I sat in the lunch room with the rest of the family. Jasper had his arm around my waist as I leaned my body against him, nudging my food with my fork. "There's the human," Max said looking across the cafeteria. Bella walked to her table and set her tray down. "Hey Bella, we're going to La Push. You in?" "Should I know what that means?" Bella asked. "La Push beach, down on the Quileute rez. There's a big swell coming in," Mike said. "There's whale watching too. You should come," Angela said. "It's La Push baby, La Push," Eric said. "I'll come if you stop saying it like that," Bella said.

She walked towards the salad bar, and Edward followed her with his eyes. "You should go talk to her," Alice said. Edward got up without a word and walked to the salad bar. "I don't understand him," Rosalie said. "He's in love. I think it's beautiful," Alice said. "I think it's disgusting," I said. "The love?" Max asked. "No, the human."

"Well, I seem to remember you loving humans," Max said. I frowned, "Don't go there," Jasper warned. Max put his hands up in surrender, "I'm just stating the facts." Alice layed a hand on his arm, "Max, stop it. It upsets her." Realisation crossed his face and it turned to a look of regret. "Sorry Tali. I didn't mean to upset you," he said softly. "It's alright."

Edward came back to the table and sat down. "She's going to La Push." "Ooooh, wolf territory," Emmett said. "Shut up," Edward said.

Well aren't you in just a cheery mood, I thought. He glared at me and I just gave him a sarcastic smile.

~~~

When we got home from school, Jasper and I went out to hunt. As we ran through the woods, I heard a noise above us. "Do you hear that?" I asked stopping in my tracks. Jasper paused and everything was silent. "Hear what?" He asked. "I don't know..." I said confused, "I could have sworn that I heard something in the trees." "It was probably just a bird, Tali," Jasper waved off. "Yeah, you're probably right," I said. Jasper and I continued on our hunt, but I couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong.