Chapter Five

Talia's POV

"I'm leaving."

That was the first thing Edward said when we got home. "You're what?" Esme asked. "I'm leaving," he repeated. "I can't do it. I found my blood singer who also happens to be my mate, it's a new girl at school," he explained. Carlisle sighed, "Do what you have to, but you will be back soon, correct?" he asked. Edward nodded, "I'll come back when I can. I'm going to spend a few days in Alaska with the Denali's," he said. Carlisle nodded, "I'll call them and explain. Go ahead and pack your things."

Edward ran upstairs without another word. "Really? He gets to leave?" I asked. "Talia, he found his blood singer. It would worry me if he didn't want to get away for a while," Carlise said. "Whatever. That girl is going to mess everything thing up, I know it," I said. I took off running outside, straight into the forest.

I stopped when I reached a small clearing. The sky was showing through the tops of the trees, a small amount of sunlight shone through the canopy. I held my hand out into the light, watching it sparkle like it was embedded with millions of tiny diamonds.

I heard someone behind me and started to panic a bit, but it quickly faded to calmness and I knew it was Jasper. "You okay, darlin'?" he asked. I nodded, "I don't like that girl, Jazz," I mumbled, burying my head in his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist, "You don't know her yet, beautiful," he chuckled. "I don't want to know her," I said stubbornly.

"Come on. Maybe you guys will get along. Who knows, she might not even be an issue," he said. "Fine," I groaned. "That's my girl. Now come back home. Everybody got worried when you ran out like that." He grabbed my hand and, together, we ran back to the house.

Once we got there, we saw Edward with a bag packed. Everybody was outside, telling him goodbye and what not. I went up and gave him a quick hug mumbling a quiet "bye" before going inside and up to my and Jasper's room.

~~~

The next morning I came back from hunting with Emmett and Max at around 7:00. Jasper, Alice, and Rosalie were ready for school already and waiting on us to get ready. I don't know why though, we still had like an hour before we had to be at school.

I went upstairs and picked out an outfit for today, not really caring at all what I looked like. I ended up in a pair of jeans and a gray t-shirt, with jacket on top and a pair of slip-on shoes. I had Rosalie fishtail braid my hair for me, and by then it was 7:40. We got into the cars, Max of course driving his precious baby.

When we got to school, we stood by the cars like we do every morning. Jasper's arms were wrapped around my waist and I was leaning back against him as Max and Emmett argued about their math homework.

"Ya'know, I'm like 130 years old and I still have no idea how to do math," Max said. "I feel you, bro. Math was invented to torture children," I said. Jasper chuckled, "If you want help with your math, all you gotta do is ask sweetheart," he said. "I don't want help with math. I want to set the book on fire," I clarified.

They laughed, but Rosalie stopped suddenly, glaring across the parking lot. I looked over to see Bella looking at our cars, most likely looking for Edward.

"Hey I just realized something," Max said. "What?" Alice asked. "Edward's gone for at least a week. Which means I can think about sex as much as I want without him yelling at me for it," Max said as a large smile spread across his face. Alice smacked his arm, though she had a small smile on her face as well.

"Gross," I said. Jasper laughed in my ear, "Don't think I don't know about how much you think of those things," he said. Well fuck, how does he know that. As if sensing my confusion, which be probably did, "I can feel your emotions, darlin'. All the time, I know when your thinking those kinds of things," he smirked. If I could blush, I would probably be about as red as a fire truck right now. Thank you vampirism.

"You do know that just because you're whispering doesn't mean we can't hear you, right? Can we just stop talking about sex, please?" Rosalie asked. Emmett laughed, "Come on, Babe. Don't you just love hearing about the sex life of our siblings?" he joked. Rose only rolled her eyes at him.

The bell rang and I sighed. "I don't want to go to class," I frowned. "I know, sugar. I'll see you at lunch though, okay?" Jasper said, leading me towards the school. I nodded as he let go of my hand. I made my way towards my English class by myself, since Edward wasn't here.

~~~

I walked into the lunch room with Alice, heading straight for Jasper and not even bothering with the lunch line or the stupid people in it. I sat down in the chair, laying my head down on the table.

"What's wrong, darlin'?" Jasper asked. I shrugged, "I'm just done with people. Everybody sucks," I groaned. "Why?" Emmett asked. "Because if I hear another damn comment about our family from Jessica-freaking-Stanley, I'm going to punch the bitch in the face," I said. Max laughed, "You wouldn't even be able to get that close to her. I've seen the looks you've given every single human that walks by you. You look at them like you're on death row and they're the last meal," he said.

"Alright, I'm working on it. I'm sorry I'm not a perfect damn vampire," I said quietly. Jasper rubbed my back in small circles, using his powers to call me down.

"Apologise to your sister," Alice scolded Max. "But-," Max started but stopped when he saw Alice's scary but harmless glare. "I'm sorry, Talia. That was rude, and I beg for your forgiveness," he said with an eye roll. "I think you overdid it a bit, Max," Rose said.

He shrugged. "I accept your sarcastic apology," I said.

A few more minutes passed of me complaining about people and Alice telling me to lighten up. "Hey don't look now, but Bella is low-key stalking us right now," Max said. We all turned, subtlety, to see that Max was right. Bella was in fact studying our table, looking for Edward.

"This is going to be a long week," I mumbled.