chapter twelve

Talia's POV

I was up in my and Jasper's room waiting for him, Alice, and Max to return from their hunt. Edward had left about 10 minutes ago to go pick up Bella and they should be back within the next few minutes or so. "Talia, would you come down here and help, please?" Esme asked from downstairs. I sighed and put down the book I was reading, going downstairs.

"Can you mix this for Bella?" Esme asked handing me a spoon and pushing me towards a pan on the stove. "This is ridiculous. Is she even Italian?" Rose asked. "Her name is Bella," Emmett said as if it should have been obvious. "That doesn't mean anything, Emmett," I said. He shrugged and went back to whatever Esme had him doing.

We heard the front door open and everybody froze. "Get a whiff of that," Emmett smirked. "Here comes the human." I held my breath and focused on stirring the pot. Edward and Bella walked in and Esme took off her apron and walked around the counter. "Bella! I hope your hungry, we're making Italiano for you!" "Yes, definitely."

"She already ate," Edward said. Rosalie crushed the bowl she was holding and glass shattered all over the floor. "Great. Just great." "Rosalie," Carlisle scolded. I dropped the spoon and put my hands on the counter, taking a deep breath on accident. Edward, this is not going well, I thought. He looked at me and pulled Bella a little closer, trying to put some distance between us.

"No, she should know. How dangerous this is for all of us!" She said. "I would never tell anyone," Bella assured. "She knows that," Esme said giving Rose a glance. "It's just that, you guys have gone public now," Emmett said wrapping his arms around Rose. "If this ends badly-" "Badly, as in I become the meal?" Bella said unsurely. Everyone chuckled and Bella looked embarrassed and awkward.

Just then, Alice, Max, and Jasper came in from the window. Alice walked along a tree branch and jumped to the floor, the boys following her. Alice smiled and walked right up to Bella, pulling her into a hug. Jasper walked around the counter and stood stiffly behind me. "Hi Bella, I'm Alice! Oh, you do smell good." "Alice, what are you-" "Relax Edward, Bella and I are going to be best friends," Alice grinned. "I'm Max. Since you're going to be Alice's bff, you're mine too. Nice to meet you," Max said pulling Bella into another hug.

Edward shook his head in annoyance. "Max, please," Edward said. Max let go of Bella and took a step back so he was standing behind Alice. Bella looked at Jasper and I. "And you're Jasper and Talia, right?" She took a step forward and held her hand out for us to shake. When neither of us made to move to accept her hand, she retracted it and put back by her side.

"You'll have to excuse Talia and Jasper, they're still getting used to our vegetarian diet," Carlisle said. "It's a pleasure to meet you Bella," Jasper said. I just gave her a pained smile and nodded, agreeing with Jasper. "I'm going to give Bella a tour of the rest of the house," Edward said taking Bella out of the room. "You, clean this up," Esme told Rosalie. "So, what are we doing with this food that we don't eat?" I asked. Max and Emmett smiled at each other, "FOOD FIGHT!" They both yelled. "Not in my house. If you want to do that, go outside," Esme said.

The boys grabbed a whole bunch of the food and ran outside. "Talia, will you help me clean up this glass?" Rose asked. I nodded and tapped Jasper's hand, trying to get him to let me go. He just squeezed me harder and buried his face in my neck. "Jazz, let me go so I can help Rose." He shook his head and I could feel him grinning. "You're such a child," I laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Have you seen your brother?" He asked raising an eyebrow. "Okay, but Max has always been that way. Now, please let me go for like 5 minutes so I can help our sister clean up broken glass." He sighed and reluctantly unwrapped his arms from around my waist. I walked over to Rose and started picking up the bigger pieces of glass while she went and got the broom. I dropped the glass into the trash can and went back to Jasper. "Now was that so bad?" I asked and he nodded, "It was horrible. You can never leave me, ever again." "You're so dramatic," I giggled, "but I won't. I'll be here forever," I promised.

"Aww, you guys are so adorable," Esme said. "Kinda makes me want to puke," Max yelled from outside the window. "Max, did I invite you to my barbeque? No, so why are you all up in my grill?" "What the fuck are the words that just came out of your mouth, Talia Fay?" Max asked. Everybody looked at me and was wondering the same thing. "I heard it on the internet, okay? It was bad, just forget I ever said anything." "Oh, no one is ever going to forget that," Rose smirked.

"I'm going upstairs," I announced. "This conversation is over. No one bring it up ever again." "This day will be remembered until we all die!" Emmett yelled. "I hate my life," I mumbled. "No you don't!" Carlisle yelled after me. "I wish I did!" Jasper came up behind me and picked me up. He lifted me over his shoulder and carried me the rest of the way to our room. He opened the door and tossed me on the bed, shutting the door behind him. "Hey, my book," I smiled. I picked my book up off the bed and opened it back up, finding the spot I left off on. "What are you reading?" Jasper asked, sitting down beside me. "Harry Potter." "Again?" "Yep," I said popping the P.

Jasper pulled me on to his lap and read with me for the rest of the night.