chapter seven

Talia's POV

I walked out of my last period class with Jasper. I put my books away and slammed my locker. "How much longer until the school year is over?" I asked leaning my head against Jasper's chest. He chuckled, "Not too much longer. Remember though, I graduate with Emmett, Max, and Rose this year," he said.

I groaned, "How am I going to survive this hell hole without you? I hate everything." "Everything?" Jasper asked. "Except you," I reassured. "Come on, we better get going. They're waiting for us," Jasper said. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, entwining our fingers and walking towards the parking lot.

We walked out and made our way towards our family and the cars. "Hello people I live with," I smiled. "Hey Tali," Alice beamed. I looked at Edward and he was staring across the parking lot at Bella. What a shocker. "Hey Eddy," I said. He didn't even acknowledge I said anything. I rolled my eyes, "Yes, my day was great. Thank you for asking," I said. He still ignored me.

I heard screeching and I looked towards the noise. Tyler Crowley's van was skidding across the icy parking lot, straight towards Bella and her truck. I saw the look on Edward's face and I knew what he was thinking.

"God dammit Edward, don't do it," I said. But, like usual, he didn't listen to me. He ran across the parking lot at vampire speed, knocking Bella to the ground and pushing the van away with his hand. We are royally fucked now.

"Jasper, distract them!" I said quietly, hitting his arm. His eyes narrowed as he focused on everyone's emotions, distracting them from the scene in front of them.

People finally came to their senses and gathered around Edward and Bella. People were calling 911 and asking if they were okay. I jumped into Rosalie's car, Jasper climbed in the backseat. Edward came running over and got in to his car, flying out of the parking lot with the rest of us following.

Rose followed Edward to the hospital, while the others went on home. We parked by Carlisle's car and Rose got out slamming the door behind her. "Edward, how could you do this? This is not allowed, we're all going to be killed, or she will," Rose said. "Rosalie, would you just calm down. I get it, I'm stupid. But it's too late now," Edward said. I opened my mouth to argue with him, but he turned around and walked away.

I turned to Jasper as Rosalie follwed after Edward, inside the hospital. "I'm going to kill him," I said seriously. "No you're not. You're just worried and upset, darlin'," Jasper told me. "You knowing my emotions really makes it hard for me to exaggerate my feelings," I told him. He smirked, "That's the point."

I sighed and turned around, going towards the hospital doors. "Are you sure you can go in there? With all of the bleeding people?" Jasper asked. I shrugged, "Guess we'll find out," I said. Jasper shook his head, "I'm going to stay out here," he said. I nodded, "Okay, we'll be back out soon."

I walked into the hospital, quickly finding Edward, Rosalie, and Carlisle gathered in the hallway. "This is insane!" Rose whispered quietly. "I agree," I said, joining them. "Talia, Rose, you need to understand that this is also Edward's mate," Carlisle said. "Okay, but she's human. And knowing Edward, he has no intentions of turning her, so this is a huge no no," I pointed out. "This is not up to you," Edward told us. I glanced over and saw Bella's head peeking around the corner and I rolled my eyes. "Maybe we should move this to my office," Carlisle said.

"Go on, talk to your human," I said sarcastically. Edward walked over to Bella, and Rose and I follwed Carlisle. "Carlisle, you know this girl is bad news. We can't risk the Volturi finding out that we told a human our secret," I said. He sighed, "Talia, all though I agree with you about the Volturi, this is up to Edward. It's his mate and he's our family. I will respect his decision regardless, as should you," he said.

"Whatever," I said. I turned around and walked back towards the exit. I saw Jasper leaning against the car, waiting. I walked over and leaned my head against his chest, letting out a frustrated sigh.

"Don't let it bother you," Jasper said. "How can I not? If they come for us because of some stupid human, I will most definitely kill her," I said. Jasper shook his head, "No you won't. You couldn't do that to Edward," he said. "I hate it when you're right," I mumbled.

Rosalie walked out with Edward following her. "Lets go, before I end up screaming at Edward in the parking lot," Rose said. She threw the keys to her car at Japser and climbed in the back seat. He shrugged and got in the driver's seat and I got in the passenger seat.

Edward got in his car and took off out of the hospital parking lot in a fit of rage. "How much you wanna bet that he's going to go sulk in the forest?" I asked. Jasper grinned, "You know him so well," he said sarcastically. "He's such a stereotypical teenage emo," I said and Jasper laughed.

When we got home, Max and Emmett were outside goofing off like usual. Alice was desperately trying to get Max to pay attention to what she was saying, but he was only focused on Emmett. "Max! Please, just listen. I'm trying to ask you something!" Alice said. She threw her hands in the air and groaned. Rose and I got out and Alice smiled, relieved. "Oh thank goodness. They listen to you two, please make them stop."

"Why won't they listen to you?" I asked. "Because, you and Rose are scary. I'm not," Alice pouted. "I'm taking that as a compliment," I said. Alice shrugged.

"Emmett! Come here," Rose said. Emmett turned around and looked at her. Max took this as an advantage and jumped on his back, making him fall to the ground. Emmett groaned and Max jumped up, cheering in victory.

"You two are actual children," I said. They shrugged and Emmett jumped up. "Lets go watch the Titanic!" He said. Everyone else groaned as I smiled. "Race ya," I said running inside the house.