Chapter Seven

ALEXI

Something woke me. The hair at the nape of my neck started to rise. My body tensed and heartbeat started to speed up as a floorboard creaked. After the night I've had, believing in the supernatural was not a problem. Squeezing my eyes shut, I gripped the sheet covering me tighter. Silence filled the room. For a moment I thought it was only my imagination, but it wasn't. Sucking in a deep breath, I slowly turned my head towards the sound. Pale yellow eyes stared at me from a corner. It's all I could see, those eyes. Pushing myself onto my hands I slowly slid to the edge of the bed away from it. The moment my feet touched the ground it moved. I screamed racing towards the door. Glancing over my shoulder wasn't an option. My hand closed around the door handle just as sharp nails dug into the skin of my back. The pain was numbing. My legs gave way beneath me making me slid down the wall. Something cold clasped around my ankle pulling me away from the door. More screams fell from my lips as I tried to free my leg by kicking at the thing.

"Alexi!"

The thing froze a low sound escaping it. Stifling a sob I turned my head to look at the door. It was rattling from the force of the fists hitting against it. The wood cracked. My attention moved back to the thing only to find him hovering above me. Sharp yellow teeth flashed, yellow eyes staring straight into mine. A cold, clawed hand closed around my neck cutting off air.

"Master says she coming for you," it snarled, "she say this time you really die."

It shifted lifting one arm. Seconds later a knife was plunged into my chest. Straight into my heart.

* * * *

"Alexi!"

"Come on baby," Slade cried out.

"Open your eyes princess," Fury said.

Something cold touched my cheek. A hand. Another shook my shoulder. My body ached. Swallowing, I slowly opened my eyes to find both brothers hovering over me. Letting out a gasp I sat up a hand clutching my chest. There was no wound or any blood. I'm still breathing, I'm not dead. I glanced around finding myself in the familiar room. All difference was that I'm sitting on the floor. How did I get here?

"What happened?"

The twins shared a look. Slade ran a hand through his hair sitting back on his ass. I studied him taking in his pale face and messy hair. Fury was shaking. His eyes were almost black as they studied me.

"We think," Fury glanced at his brother, "you might have been sleepwalking."

He didn't look convincing. Neither did I feel as if I've been sleepwalking. It felt real. I felt his cold clawed on me. Felt the knife entering my heart, heard his words. Master, it said something about his master coming to get me. I glanced up at Fury again. My eyes trailed over his face taking in his pale skin and dark eyes. Maybe his eyes were that dark because of the darkness in the room. There's only a single lamp lit by the bed. Not nearly bright enough to light up the whole room. People's pupils get bigger at night to make them see better, right? That's why his eyes looked so dark. They're human.

"You need to get some more rest," Slade stood holding out his hand.

I shook my head glancing between them. Ignoring his outstretched hand I got up on my own. Gripping the edge of the shirt I pulled it down fully aware of the fact that I'm completely nude underneath it. When did I change? How did I get changed? My eyes snapped up to them. Did they change me?

"Do you remember what happened earlier?" Fury broke the tense silence.

I nod. Stepping away from them, I made my way towards the bed. I felt attracted to them. Not one, but both men. To twins. What the hell would they think of me if they found out I'm attracted to both of them? Will they be disgusted at me and then send me away?

Why the hell does it matter?

"Fury ran you a bath," Slade said. "The shock set in then. We cleaned you and then put you into bed."

"Oh," my face heated. Wrapping my arms around my stomach I started pacing. They've seen you naked, the voice in my head whispered.

"Alexi."

My head snapped up. They stepped closer almost moving in sync.

"You've had a rough night," Slade said softly. "The best thing for you is to get some sleep. Tomorrow we can go down to the police station and you can make your statement."

"It won't do any good," I whispered.

"Why not?" He frowned, glancing at his brother. "Surely you want to-"

"I didn't see any of them," I swallowed. "It was too dark to see anything. I only heard their voices and..." I trailed off.

"And?" Fury stepped closer. His head tilted to the left slightly. "What else did you hear or see little Lexi?"

I stumbled backwards sucking in a sharp breath. Little Lexi. Little Lexi. Little Lexi. I've heard it before. But a woman use to call me that. Her voice was soft and slightly husky but familiar. The memory was brief, I barely grasped onto it before it was gone.

"We're still waiting," Slade said harshly.

I sank down on the edge of the bed. My eyes dropped to the floor as I laced my shaking fingers together on my lap. They'll definitely think I'm crazy if I tell them. The animalistic sounds that fell from their lips.

"They talked about a pack," I whispered. "And they, they mentioned wanting to frame someone for killing me."

Neither said nothing. I glanced up at them only finding Slade standing there. Glancing around I caught sight of him by the window. His back faced us as he stared out into the darkness.

"Can I go home now?"