◇Chapter 018◇

"It has to be in here," Hopper muttered under his breath as he rummaged through boxes.

He was back in the lab, looking for any information he could find. Boxes of papers were thrown around the storage room he was in.

"There has to be something in here abo- found it." Hopper picked up a box, labeled "Subject Eleven Data" and carried it out of the storage room. He brought it to another room with a desk and placed the box on it.

He lifted the lid and slowly pulled out papers and documents, searching for useful information. There were documents from past experiments and her progress using her powers.

Most of the notes were handwritten and mostly signed by Brenner. Many were old and creased, except for a few files that had looked as if to have been recently placed in the box.

Those documents were clean and spotless; not a single fold or mark laid upon them. He placed the box aside and pulled the papers out of their plastic covering.

----------------------------------------------

Legal Name: Jane Ives
Subject/Experiment Number: 011
Sex: Female
Date of Birth: -----

Daughter of Teresa Ives, a participant in the Project MKUltra experiments conducted by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

Blood Type: O- [O Negative]

Abilities:  Possesses psychokinetic skills such as telekinesis, can engage in astral projections and access other dimensions with usage of a Sensory Deprivation Tank.

----------------------------------------------

He placed the document into his pocket carefully and pulled out the second document. It was new and about the recent experiment that had taken place.

----------------------------------------------

Experimentation #74: Control

Ideal Results:  Subject 011 be able to control the space behind the gateway.

Process: Inject 011 with serum. {Made from debris from behind gateway} Allow for subject to go through gate. Will return if experiment succeful.

Reverse Effects Antidote: None Available
Experiment Report: Fail

Notes: -----

----------------------------------------------

No reverse, huh?" He mumbled, "At least that's true." Hopper grabbed the document and the box filled with other papers, deciding to look through them all later.

He walked back to his truck with the box and placed it in the passenger's seat. He drove back to the Wheeler's house; thoughts about the antidote lingered in his head.

Those spores were important, but he just couldn't put his finger on why.

Hopper pulled into the driveway of the Wheeler's house and grabbed the two documents, leaving the box in the car.

"Kids, I'm back." Hopper said, walking into the basement. "What the f-"

El and Mike were sitting on the couch together, her face buried in his chest. Steve laid on the floor, a new bruise forming on the side on his face. Max had faint, red scratch marks on her arm and Lucas's wrist rocket laid on the floor. Dustin was eating pudding and Will was sitting with him, a tired look on his face. Things were thrown around the room and it was a complete mess.

"Finally you're back." Steve said, sarcasm in his voice. "We missed you."

"What happened your face?" Hopper asked as El pulled away from Mike and looked at him.

Her eyes were bloodshot and tired. She looked as if to be drained of warmth and happiness; her skin was pale and she shivered slightly, cuddling into Mike's chest again.

""Demon El" happened!" Steve said, and sat up.

"It took over her and, well... These were the results." Lucas said calmly.

"Then Mike had to pull a "Prince Charming" and kiss her to snap her out of it." Dustin spoke up, making Mike's cheeks go red.

"She threw a chair at me," Steve shouted, "with her mind! Trust me, being smacked in the face with a wooden chair hurts more than being hit with a car."

"Stop being dramatic." Max sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Don't get me started on being dramatic you little-"

"Okay thats enough!" Hopper said before placing the papers on the table. "Kid, you okay now?"

El nodded, her dark curls falling around her pale face. Mike's arms were wrapped around her tight ,as if is was worried that if he let go, something would happen to her.

"I found some stuff," Hopper placed the documents infront of El. Mike quietly helped her read the difficult words.

"No reverse antidote?" Mike asked, his eyes wide. "Then how do I- we make her better?"

"Let me continue." Hopper said, "The antidote she was given is made of spores from the Upside Down."

"Spores?" Dustin asked. "It sounds like a disease."

"Its those white things from the tunnels." Steve said, annoyed, "The little white things that were floating around."

"Ohh. Okay, continue."

"As I was saying," Hopper pointed to a document, "Spores. Those white things. I think El has them, or the remains of them in her blood right now."

"But wouldn't her heart be able to destroy the spores if they were in her blood?" Max asked, standing up from her seat on the floor.

"Its possible, but unlikely." Lucas said to her. "That place is pure evil. El had a hard time closing the gate-"

"-so her heart might have a hard time destroying the spores in the antidote-" Dustin continued.

"-so the antidote from the experiment might still be in her system-" Will spoke up.

"-meaning that she has a part of the Upside Down in her-" Max added.

"-and the Mind Flayer can control her because It controls the Upside Down." Mike finished.

"Wait what?" Steve looked around, confused. "I'm so lost right now."

"I'll make it simple. El," Dustin pointed at her, "has the Upside Down antidote in her heart," He pointed at his heart. "The Mind Flayer, controls the Upside Down," He stuck out his hand and flipped it, "She has the Upside Down in her," Dustin pointed at El again, "So the monster can control her."

"I am 3 seconds away from kicking your ass to Nashville, Henderson." Steve said coldly, earning a smirk from Mike and the other kids.

"What do we do, Hopper?"

"Not really sure yet, kid." Hopper said, glancing at El. "I'm going to make a phone call. I do have an idea."

"I'm leaving-" Steve said, standing up.

"Harrington, I will pay you 5 bucks to sit on that couch and make sure none of these kids die." Hopper said over his shoulder, a 5 dollar bill in hand.

"Make it 10 and you have a deal."

Hopper pulled out another bill and pressed them both against Steve's hand before going upstairs and grabbing the phone.

No one seemed to notice the flicker in El's eyes as she looked around the room. Her mind was filled with words and suggestions on thing she needed to do, of thing It wanted her to do.

He dialed a number, "Hey Doctor Owens. Had a question for you; what kind of blood can someone receive if they have O- blood?"

If anyone knows anything about the whole blood thing, you might be able to see what the next chapters will be about. *hint hint*

Hope you enjoyed and hit the star button on your way out