◇Chapter 013◇

Hopper dodged as the demodogs came charging at him. He managed to shoot two but was tackled to the ground by another one. The monster clawed at Hopper, but he managed to push the demodog off of him and shoot it. The last demodog tackled him as the other monster fell to the floor. It scratched at his arm, leaving bloody slash marks. He grabbed the demodog's leg and threw it forward before shooting it repeatedly with his gun.

He ran his hand across his arm, looking at the cuts across it. Hopper turned to leave and grasped the wall with his hand. The shadow of the monster filled the gate, making Hopper run out of the room faster than he had ever ran before.

Hopper got in his truck, trying to ignore the searing pain in his arm as he drove to the Wheeler's house. He pulled into the driveway and climbed out, wiping the blood off of his hand. His fist collided with the door repeatedly until Mike opened the door.

Mike's eyes landed on the bloody cuts. "Holy shit what happened to you?"

Hopper walked past him and to El, who had her head buried in her hands. Hopper slowly placed a hand on the young girl's shoulder. "You okay, kid?"

El shook her head slightly. "I-I wanted to tell you it was a trick, but- but I just couldn't." A sob built in her chest as a few tears flowed down her cheeks. "I-I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, it wasn't you fault." Hopper stood up again. "Both of you, let's go. We're going to the Byers house. I'm putting an end to this."

Mike's and El's eyes met quickly before they stood up, and followed Hopper outside and to his truck. Mike and El both sat together in the backseat, their fingers intertwined. El's faint green/blue eyes darted around the truck nervously.

Mike unbuckled his seat belt, and ignoring Hopper's death glare, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer to him. Her head rested against his shoulder and her eyes fluttered closed as Hopper drove, a deadly look on his face.

They pulled up into the Byers front yard and got out of the car. Joyce already had the door open as Mike and El walked to the front porch, fingers intertwined.

"Hi sweetie." Joyce hugged the young girl gently before they all walked inside. "Hopper, what did you do now?"

"Long story," Hopper muttered and Joyce began bandaging the cuts on his arm.

"Uh, hey guys," Will greeted as he walked into the living room. His eyes immediately locked with El's, noticing the green tinge that lingered in her dark eyes.

Her gaze landed on the floor and a shiver ran through her spine. It was fighting for control of her. The monster could sense Will; It knew how easy it would be to coax Will into a spy and a weapon again.

She could feel the monster stabbing at her mind, trying to gain control. El whimpered and squeezed Mike's hand until the pain weakened in her mind.

"El, you okay?" Mike asked, concerned.

"It's trying to control her," Will spoke up just as there was a knock on the front door.

Dustin and the rest of the party walked in. "Looks like there's a party going on in here."

Steve ran in after the kids. "Sorry chief, Dustin threatened to lock me in my fuc-" he looked around the room, stopping himself from swearing, "-my closet if I didn't let them come here." He glared at Dustin for a moment.

"It's fine, Harrington," Hopper mumbled as El sat on the couch, her eyes looking at the wall.

"Where's Jonathan?" Lucas asked Will.

Before he could reply, Max mumbled, "Probably making out with Nancy somewhere." Will shot her a death glare.

"Is she okay?" Dustin asked, looking at El. "El?"

Everyone's eyes landed on El who was focused on the wall in front of her. Mike sat down next to his girlfriend, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"El, are you okay? Is something wrong?" Mike brushed one of her curls behind her ear. Everyone else stood by, watching. "Eleven, look at me." She wouldn't even turn her head. "Look at me, El!"

She turned her head, her eyes blazing a dull green. El's eyes landed on Hopper. "You were supposed to die."

"Well I didn't die, sorry to spoil your plan."

El glared at him coldly. "You messed everything up." She stood up and began walking towards Hopper.

"El this isn't you, stop!" Mike grabbed her wrist. El tilted her head down and flung him back a few feet.

"Don't touch me!" El screamed.

"We need to get this thing out of her," Joyce spoke up, pulling Will away from El.

Hopper thought for a minute. "Harrington, there's a syringe in my truck, go grab it."

"No." El spoke coldly and raised her hand, stopping Steve from running outside.

"Let me go you Upside Down shithead!"

Dustin smacked El with a pillow, making her lose her focus. Steve pulled out of her grasp and ran to the truck.

"Seriously?" Max and Will asked Dustin in unison.

He shrugged. "It worked, didn't it."

"Byers." El glared at Will, a smirk playing at her lips. Will went pale, realizing that the monster reconized him.

"They're here." El smirked. Lucas raised a finger to his lips and they all listened, slowly hearing a growling noice from the distance.

"Oh you have to be fucking kidding me," everyone heard Steve shout from outside as the growling grew louder.

"Hopper what do we do?" Mike asked.

He looked at El for a moment. "We burn it out of her."