◇Chapter 022◇

"This is getting ridiculous," Hopper said, gazing at the kids. "You're telling me she opened the gate again?"

"The Mind Flayer made her open it." Mike said, glancing down at El who had her head on his lap. She was laying down across the couch at the Byers' house, using Mike's lap as a pillow.

"She threw me into a wall when we tried to stop her." Max spoke up, rubbing her arm.

Mike couldn't help but smile at the memory but the smile faded as he looked down at El. Her eyes could barely stay open and her body was cold to the touch. She didn't deserve this; Mike continued to tell himself that as he ran his fingers through El's hair repeatedly.

"She needs to sleep," Will glanced at El. "That thing drained her, again."

"I have a better idea." Hopper said, pulling a white syringe out of his pocket.

"No, no." Mike spoke up, "We are not going to drug her again."

"Kid, we need her to stay asleep until we can figure out a way to get this thing out of her." Steve interrupted, sitting on the armrest on the couch.

Mike sighed, glancing down at El who had fallen asleep in his arms. "Do it." He said reluctantly and Hopper injected her with the serum.

"We need a plan." Lucas stood up, as everyone walked to the kitchen table.

Mike followed and stood at the table, trying to form a plan. Even now, he was trying to recall what Mr. Clark had taught him about DNA and transfusions but the lesson wouldn't  come to his head.

"I have an idea, but it's risky." Hopper sighed, drumming his hands against the table. "We do a blood transfusion."

"That's your plan?" Dustin asked.

"Yes that's my plan, kid."

"There's are other things we have to consider if we do a blood transfusion." Will muttered, "Safety. Who's blood we use. How much blood. And-"

"It's not a perfect plan." Hopper said, "I don't think we have any other choice."

"What if this kills her?" Lucas asked.

"It won't, if we use the same blood type she has." Mike said nervously.

"Well what's her blood type?" Steve asked, putting down a bag of chips he had been eating.

The room went deadly quiet. "Seriously?  No one knows her fucking blood type?" Dustin scoffed.

"Where's that piece of paper with her data on it?" Hopper asked, gazing around at the kids.

"It's in my basement." Mike replied. "I don't think El destroyed that document."

"Destroyed what document?"

"The monster took over her and destroyed the document about the experiment," Max said. "Ripped the paper to shreds."

"But why? I still don't get it." Dustin spoke up from the other end of the kitchen where he was looking for snacks.

Lucas rolled his eyes, "My guess, the monster doesn't want us to stop us from helping El."

"It's a hive mind. Remember?" Dustin said and he walked back to the group with another bag of chips.

"Anyways," Hopper interrupted. "It was O-... I think."

"You think?" Mike scoffed. "If we get this blood type wrong, it will kill her. El will fucking die if we give her the wrong blood!"

"Kid calm down.  She'll be fine." Steve said, wrapping am arm around Mike's shoulders and glancing at Hopper quickly.

"Where do we even get the equipment? Max asked, "None of us just have that kind of stuff just laying around."

"The lab." Joyce said as she walked into the room, taking a moment to wrap an arm around Will.

"We seriously have to to go back there?" Lucas sighed, "That's where the monster is."

"We don't have a choice." Mike said, slight nervousness lingering in his voice. "I'm not letting El die and I'm not letting this monster kill her."

The room went silent again as everyone stood there, their minds deep in thought. Mike stood there in silence, debating whether the this plan was worth it. Sure it was risky, but Mike didn't and couldn't risk losing the girl he loved again.

The silence in the room faded as El let out a soft whimper. Everyone's eyes immediately shot over to look at the girl. Her eyes remained closed but her head tilted upward and she looked as if to be gasping for air.

"El?" Mike was the first to her side. He shook her shoulders gently, trying to wake her, only to soon remember she was sedated.

Max placed a few fingers under she jaw, "Her heart is still beating."

Mike completely blocked out everyone else and focused on El. "She's barley breathing."

"She's not choking on anything, is she?" Lucas asked as Hopper sat El up and rubbed her back.

"It makes no sense that she would be choking on anything. She would have started choking sooner-" Hopper started.

"Wait!" Mike shouted, glancing around at the area around them. "This is just like with Will last time."

"Huh?" Will asked.

"It knows where we are. It knows where El is." Dustin said, nervously looking around at the room.

"I don't think this monster would be able to figure out where we are, right?" Steve asked.

"It doesn't need her anymore." Will muttered.

"What?"

"The monster doesn't need her anymore." Will said loudly, making everyone glance at him. "I-I remember. It wanted to kill me after a while. It didn't need me so it tried to kill me."

"It already opened the gate. It got what it wanted." Max spoke up.

"It's killing her." Mike decided. "It's trying to choke her to death."

Ooooooh drama. Don't forget to hit the star button